Home | About | Donate

To Challenge Trump's Anti-Women Agenda, Record Number of Female Candidates Running for House in 2018

To Challenge Trump's Anti-Women Agenda, Record Number of Female Candidates Running for House in 2018

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Motivated in part by President Donald Trump's remarks and actions that have been widely preceived as attacks on women, a record number female candidates are running for the U.S.

Not sure when the cut-off date is for filing, but I see the number climbing. Please let most of them be truly Progressive.

Yes. Absence of the Y chromosome is no guarantor of progressivity, or even common decency (see Hillary “the Red Queen” Clinton, Maggie “Atilla the Hen” Thatcher, Golda Meier and Indira Gandhi for example).

What some examples of his anti-woman agenda?
That agenda has somehow escaped me.

Abortion is an interesting issue. I believe that the government has no right to interfere with any medically necessary abortion at any stage.

I totally support a woman’s right to an abortion of convenience early in the pregnancy without having to justify anything to anyone, not even the father.
I totally oppose an abortion of convenience during labor.
My oldest son was a premie at 24 months and survived. That was 35 years ago when the survival rate was a lot lower for that age.

For me, at least, there is a grey area. A late term abortion is grotesque, but should it be illegal?
Is it OK to just change one’s mind after a fetus is viable outside the womb? If not during actual labor, then how close?

How would this conversation go if there weren’t people around who pretend to just want “common sense” abortion control but really want a complete ban claiming that a woman is too stupid to be allowed to take responsibility for that decision?

And yes, the parallels to “common sense” gun control are obvious.
"You can’t be allowed to (own a gun / get an abortion) without intrusive government control because (born people/unborn people) are getting killed.

For me, it’s a matter of keeping the State completely out of my bedroom, gun safe and medical decisions.

Many people here will disagree of course.