Home | About | Donate

To Force Billionaires Off Welfare, Sanders Tax Would Make Corporations Fund 100% of Public Assistance Their Low-Paid Workers Receive

To Force Billionaires Off Welfare, Sanders Tax Would Make Corporations Fund 100% of Public Assistance Their Low-Paid Workers Receive

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Amazon CEO and world's richest man Jeff Bezos makes more money in ten seconds than his company's median employee makes in an entire year, and thousands of Amazon workers are paid such low wages that they are forced to rely on food stamps, Medicaid, and other forms of government assistance to survive.

Well, duh.

Come on Bezos, you morbidly rich fuck, cough it up jerk. You could singlehandedly solve the world’s food problem and still have enough shekels that you couldn’t ever spend it all. Quit being such a little greedy shit!!..

Give 'em hell, Bernie!

And a big eff you to Rottenhams and the rest of the corporate Ds.

I cannot tell you how I dearly love your post…lol. I would make one amendment though, we need to stop asking them. :wink:

Watch all the negative stories and op-eds coming out of the Wash Post in the next few weeks about Sanders.

The only thing Jeff Bezos has going for him is that Trump hates the Washington Post. The idea of taxing big corporations to cover the benefits their employees need is great, but there are smaller companies who do the same thing. Where I work, most employees can’t afford to live near where they work (Du Page County, Illinois). Most of them live in Will County, which is also growing. I barely make enough to pay the mortgage on my home in Du Page, which I inherited from my parents.

I have a better idea. Revoke their corporate charters.

Yep, right there. People forget States used to take charters away, if corporations didn’t either, serve the best interests or they became a detriment to the community.

Our (great)/grandparents knew how to handle those SOAs.

What does that mean? well, duh? You go Bernie get it front and center that republicons won’t introduce it.

Unfortunately, that could never happen, as these tyrannical corporations own all levels of government.

Well, I don’t disagree with your assessment of government corruption, but change will happen.

People can only be squeezed so much, before something pops. We can either transition peacefully through a fair political process or something else.

I agree. A change is gonna come. I hold out slight hope that the 90% of the population that is exploited by capitalists will somehow rise to the occasion, though time is short. To be honest, I thought that the Occupy movement was the last chance for that to happen in time to possibly avoid climate catastrophe. I would be pleased if we at least give it one more go. A good first sign would be for everyone who values life on this planet to at very least ditch the capitalist democratic party. Sanders is offering a treatment of one of the many grotesque symptoms of capitalism instead of the cure, as he always does as the sheepdog for the democrats.

Its a commie plot:

THE COMMIE FOIL OF CAPITALISM

Didn’t they try something vaguely similar to this in Seattle?

With this group and this much corruption, it won’t go peacefully.

Many huge corporations are inching closer and closer to slavery and indeed they’ve achieved it in the for-profit prison system. Thank you, Bernie, for being one of the few voices in congress who sticks up for the little guy.

On that last thought of yours…no shit…oh, and thanx…

How about Amazon warehouse workers unionize?

Might I suggest they join with these no-nonsense brothers and sisters?

https://www.ilwu.org/

Tax? Introduced to a do nothing but for the 1% Congress in September? I love your passion Bernie, but come on–we need a revolution, not a bill.

Let’s break out our brothers and sisters in slavery in prison. Now that could be a heads rolling guillotine revolution.

Peace only? The only way? Sure we can do that, but how do we get every powerful leader in the world together, to all smoke a few bowls in one room, to bring about world peace, end wars that makes us all slaves to capitalistic murderous greed?