Home | About | Donate

To Fund 'White Supremacist Vanity Project,' Trump Eyes Relief Funds Earmarked for Actual Disasters

To Fund 'White Supremacist Vanity Project,' Trump Eyes Relief Funds Earmarked for Actual Disasters

Julia Conley, staff writer

While scientists warn that the climate crisis will continue to cause increasingly damaging weather events and disasters in U.S. communities, President Donald Trump made clear Friday his focus on a separate, invented "crisis" as he ordered officials to consider redirecting billions of dollars in disaster relief funds to pay for a wall at the southern U.S. border.

From the article:

“… the wall, which is supported by only 41 percent of Americans, according to a recent Reuters-Ipsos poll.”

“ONLY” 41 %?? Who are these dupes, and why are there so many of them??? I would have thought that after 3 weeks (and counting) of dysfunction in DC and the attendant widespread suffering, such a level of support should be in the single digits.

Conley sez:
“… (Chump) ordered officials to consider redirecting billions of dollars in disaster relief funds to pay for a wall at the southern U.S. border.”

Correction: “… to pay for a portion of a wall …”

"Siphoning funding from real disasters to pay for a crisis manufactured by the president is wholly unacceptable and the American people won’t fall for it."

Oh yes they will. And they will cheer it on. At least 30% to 40% will and that is far too many. The USA has been in a Constitutional Crisis for decades now. The corporate oligarchs have won and control the country along with all their puppet politicians. The USA will continue its descent into madness and dystopia unabated.

ONLY 41%! If that poll is true, it should scare the hell out of you.

“Wholly unacceptable (and criminal) yes, and (maybe) the American people won’t fall for it” - totally unacceptable it is, even in that tepid language describing the enormity of the crime, and so much more…The “won;t fall for it” part is doubtful as the American people have been brainwashed so long and so thoroughly to accept such actions from our government duopoly they will likely “fall for it”, and not stand-up and shout " I’m as mad as Hell, and I’m not going to take it any more! " in the numbers needed to force the Quisling/Vichy elected officials to challenge and smash the “unacceptable”…they are complicit to the enormity.

The diversion of funds critical to citizens lives from our civilian nation to military/police-state/corporate neo-fascist control, including trumps red-meat racist wall scam, is a treason so enormous “they” have already “fallen-for it”.

" How was I so innocent? And so many generations of men and women: how could they have been so stupid, so unperceptive? Simple enough. A fraud so large cannot be comprehended: the idea is rejected. " - Jack Vance

McConnell’s also responsible for shutdown as well as Trump. He could take up legislation in the senate to open the government and it would likely pass easily. But he won’t. The senate and House could override a Trump veto, but McConnell is too scared to permit that to happen.

Yup, a portion. I don’t expect that “portion” to discourage any large number of immigrants from crossing the border do you? Hellova investment huh? No wonder the dickweed went bankrupt so many times!

Trump’s $5.6 billion wall is almost exactly one half of the US Coast Guard’s woefully inadequate yearly budget. He could add that money to the CG budget and get real security, i.e. expanded drug interdiction, maritime rescue and security as well as disaster relief assistance, that would be real. This is another example of his living in alt right, never never land, and ignoring real needs.
And they also need a new ice breaker.

I agree, and don’t we all wish we had the power to allocate tax funds to where WE would want them. How quickly the defense budget would be cut, National healthcare established, climate change dealt with, and renewable energy invested in.

The wall is a White Supremacist Project? The wall is primarily a Trump and White Blue Collar Trash Project. Does the author of the piece assume everyone in the white blue collar trash class is a white supremacist? Maybe, not sure.

What’s more insane is that the Senate already voted for this back before the Democrats took the House. But now that the Democrats have the House McConnell won’t let the Senate vote on something they already did just out of spite.

It is trumpites in the midewest rust belt who want the wall, not the people of Texas. So those of you in the MW----get a clue and move on.

They haven’t read the constitution. The congress and the congress alone controls the purse. True… it has abdicated that responsibility in the past. “Gramm Leach Bliley” comes to mind.