Home | About | Donate

To Reassert Congressional War Authority, Sanders Demands Vote to Override Trump Veto on Yemen

To Reassert Congressional War Authority, Sanders Demands Vote to Override Trump Veto on Yemen

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday called on his fellow members of Congress to come together and override President Donald Trump's veto of the historic Yemen War Powers resolution.

4 Likes

If nothing else, one would think the parasites in congress would want their positions to have as much power as possible, if only to elicit greater bribes in the future.
Perhaps they have made other plans for the future?

3 Likes

Y’mean turning into lobbyists?

8 Likes

That does seem to be a popular vocation among former “civil servants”.
Short of joining the mafia, i would imagine a lifetime of taking bribes is about the best practice one could have for a job in which all one does is facilitate bribes.

7 Likes

It took an Independent to reassert Congress’s Authority.

11 Likes

That’s Because the Dems don’t fight on policy, they are still fighting Russia Gate. And No , they cant walk and chew gum at the same time.

10 Likes

Let’s have the vote to override. Overwhelm dictator McConnell until he has the vote. Get the senators on the final record on this issue and maybe, just maybe, there will be enough humanity in these senators to do the right thing and end support for the genocide.

9 Likes

Yes, and I didn’t see Chucky up there with Bernie. That tells us something.

6 Likes

It would actually make me doubt the value of this legislation to see Chuckie involved in it. We know the color of the strip down Schmer’s back,so why keep enlisting him? Bernie is becoming the defecto leader of the senate. Tell your senators to get behind him.

6 Likes

Call yours. It works.

Thank you very much Mollybear.

1 Like

You mischaracterize the dems as pushing for something. I see them as frustrated people waiting for definitive answers. That won’t happen until the investigations and lawsuits are done with. A long time down the road yet. Until then the concerns will linger.

1 Like

I have made those contacts and nothing changes. Deaf ears is what I get from my reps.

1 Like

Good point - Where’s chuckles?
Probably on the phone with the MIC lobbyists collecting checks. What a f*cking coward.

4 Likes

What a world this could be, if only the US obeyed its own laws…

8 Likes

I see a massive citizen’s arrest in their future.

If only, I’m correct.

2 Likes

For far too long, elected officials, military personnel, intelligence agents, and government contractors have committed war crimes and crimes against humanity with impunity.

6 Likes

They passed AUMF in order to abdicate their constitutional authority. Those in Congress who are backed by war profiteers don’t want to risk Americans firing them for putting our troops at risk in the war-without-end.

6 Likes

After they put a stop to the war in Yemen, our concerned representatives can halt the sanctions towards flood stricken Iran, and those imposed on Venezuela, North Korea and others that also cause extreme humanitarian disasters.

6 Likes

You are a dreamer.

another dreamer sigh!

1 Like