Home | About | Donate

To Restrict Abortion Access Even Further, Kansas Says Font Size Matters

To Restrict Abortion Access Even Further, Kansas Says Font Size Matters

Common Dreams staff

With passage of a bill in the Republican-controlled state Senate on Tuesday, Kansas is now one step closer to making the size and font of a mandated physician's disclosure form the basis for denying or delaying a women's right to an abortion.

Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant. After all, women are the weaker sex and cannot possibly live their lives without a big, tough, abusive man to herd them along through life. And who gives a damn about the children and families ill prepared both emotionally and financially to take on another child. Left with no choices but back alleys and their own devices, desperate women will put their lives in jeopardy if there is a chance for them to not endure the pregnancy and birth of yet another unplanned and unwanted baby. Guess the malcontents in power in Kansas and Texas are too young to remember how many women lost their lives as a result of this desperation prior to the passage of Roe v. Wade in 1973. I lost very dear friends back then with others enduring lifelong injuries.

_Abortion has been widely used in America since its earliest days. In the 1950s, estimates of numbers of illegal, unsafe abortions ranged widely, from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year. The methods used were often ineffective and dangerous. Desperate women were driven into the back alley, where they endured danger and abuse, sometimes sexual. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-a-grimes/the-bad-old-days-abortion_b_6324610.html )

And the birth control pill was not legal in all states until 1972! The only sure way to avoid pregnancy is abstention...and how many men would be happy with that?

No one has the right to interfere in or issue mandates on very personal life-altering decisions of women who do the suffering!

More psychosis.

So what we should do is propose a law in Kansas that everyone who voted for this bill and the governor if he signs this bill have to adopt all the unwanted children caused by this bill. Bet they would change their tune really quick of it impacted them in the least.

Thats the funny part... all the people who want to stop abortions are not stepping up to adopt the results of their religious choices forced on others. Instead they then complain that too many people are on welfare.

To paraphrase Diderot, there will be no justice in America until the last preacher is strangled with the entrails of the last politician.

Killing abortion access with the death of a thousand paper cuts

I would NOT want any of these azzhats to raise children!

I feel sorry for their wives, daughters and their other female relatives.
They hate women.

Remember, "Every sperm is sacred..." and the Right to Lifers will spend money, kill physicians, bomb clinics, terrorize and harass expectant mothers (in a loving, "Christian" sort of way, of course) to make sure that every fertilized egg comes to term. When the baby is finally born, it and the mother are on their own. No food, no medical, no home if needed, AYYYYMen!
* I keep remembering back to when we had a Constitution and Bill of Rights, and the people had some say in their government, but I guess that is sooo Twentieth Century.
;-})

Or vice versa.
;-})

Say what you want about conservative Christians, but they vote.

The animal solution to any problem is to breed more.

What folks fail to realize with reproductive issues are that any form of restriction or control is about Power and Control, nothing more. Even if worded in a moralistic context it still boils down to power and control over women and their autonomous right to make their own decision. This whole society is based on coercion; whether it involves libertarian choice or using force to coerce compliance the two cannot exist together. The laws of the state has the power to control others, with women getting the short straw time after time. Men make these laws, they exert their power to coerce compliance and will punish you if you don't obey. This is one of the main cruxes of society today, the power of the state to coerce people, especially women to, bow and comply.

What sorry little creatures those Republicans are. I hope their teeny little weenies rot and fall off. Then they won''t have any brains left and they won't be able to come up with such stupid laws any more.

There is a special place in the Joe McCarthy wing of hell reserved for Brownback and his ilk.

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.
The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom.... I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in 'A,' 'B,' 'C,' and 'D.' Just who do they think they are?... I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."
- Barry Goldwater, (1909–1998), five-term US Senator, Republican Party nominee for President in 1964*, Maj. Gen., US Air Force Reserves, author of The Conscience of a Conservative.

...and they come from azzhat parents too....growin' like human tumors.

(Conservatives, evangelicals), and Christians are two different things, "Matthew 25:40". Furthermore, how much longer will Kansans keep voting for Brownback? I guess when they finally turn off the lights due to, Kansans can't pay the power bill.

Well spake. And no one.....especially the hypocrites who love administering cruel and unusual punishment to, before state-murdering, a person strapped onto a gurney or who love sending other people's children into wars all over the world or bombing the shit out of innocent children in other countries.

Yech. A pox on all their houses.....

Questions to the sane people of Kansas: Why do we outside of Kansas not hear about opposition to the maniac Brownbeck, and why do you people keep electing that moron? I mean, really, how can you have stood by and let him destroy your state? What's going on in Kansas Dorothy?