Home | About | Donate

To Send a Message, Judge Sentences David Petraeus to 75% of One Speaking Fee

To Send a Message, Judge Sentences David Petraeus to 75% of One Speaking Fee

Marcy Wheeler

Former CIA Director David Petraeus just got sentenced to two years of probation for leaking highly sensitive information to his mistress and then lying to the FBI about it.

Petraeus had asked to enter the court room via a backdoor, so he would not be photographed, but he was forced to enter the courthouse in the normal fashion.

As happens with big-wigs, Petraeus’ lawyer cited the 34 letters of support from other big-wigs sent on his behalf. Petraeus admitted his crimes and apologized to those he hurt.

I was sort of hoping he'd end up as Chelsea Manning's cell-mate. Maybe David would change his name to Deidra, in time...

Hmm... yes, cell-mate to Chelsea Manning might be briefly amusing to produce much gnashing of teeth and howls of 'Miscarriage of justice!' by all the neocon bedwetter friends of Petraeus, and to see Petraeus squirm and shit himself at being incarcerated with gasp!! 'one of THOSE perverts', but finally, I shouldn't wish to see darling Chelsea so grievously insulted and tortured yet again by putting such vermin in her cell, quite aside from the fact that it's absolutely inappropriate to jail a man - or even an excuse for a man - in the same cell as a woman.

What's up here? Why is the US military given a pass when it comes to telling the truth? Oh, that's right... the whole US government has been given a pass on telling the truth, at least since 9/11.

What a joke , everyone should be protesting!!!

The modern day Oliver North! I bet the General has dirt on everyone and threaten to tell it!

This country continues to circle the drain.
Wish I'd gotten out when Reagan became "president."
Too late now.

Traitors protect fellow traitors. Can't expect a drooling bunch of feral monkeys to understand justice.
Judges are simply the largest most odorous turds to float to the top of the legal cesspool.

Snowden has to leave the country and pBetrayUS doesn't even do time.

Fine, let him squeal.. then hang the lot.

His real name is BetrayUS

Chelsea Manning deserves parity here: an immediate release and commutation of his sentence for an identical security breach;
John Walker Lyndh deserves an immediate release and commutation of HIS sentence.
The U. S. Government must immediately "call of their dogs" regarding Julian Assange, identical offense!
The U. S. Government must immediately "call of their dogs" regarding Edward Snowden, identical offense.

And none of the above were involved in an illegal and adulterous affair with the recipients of their "leaks." Any other outstanding cases/persecutions of whistleblowers that the U. S. government is pursuing, must be dropped immediately!
Anhy A