Home | About | Donate

'To Stand Up for What Is Morally Right': Progressive Insurgent Dr. Arati Kreibich Makes Case to Voters Before Tuesday's NJ Primary

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/06/stand-what-morally-right-progressive-insurgent-dr-arati-kreibich-makes-case-voters

3 Likes

I hope she wins, but she’s just too progressive for that district.
And districts like that strangle the life out of progress in general.

Which isn’t an excuse for Eliot Engel’s former district and those like his. WTF?

1 Like

Insurgent? Was that necessary? Way to taint commons!

Fix your headline! Insurgent is way too negative.

If you have a negative view of “insurgents,” blame the corporate media for their war reportage, which is indistinguishable in tone from sports journalism.

One definition of an insurgent is one who stands in opposition to the leadership of their party–pretty apt, I’d say.

1 Like

I will echo the comment of GuildF312S. I agree that words and their meaning is important, even critical - but - there are very often more than one definition or nuance in meaning of words - as in this case of the meaning of “insurgent” - according to *Miriam Websters, as Guild points-out : one who acts contrary to the policies and decisions of one’s own political party

The intent in the headline here is clearly established it seems to me by the addition of “progressive” before the offending term.

1 Like

I just wanted to say that although I am pretty pissed at him for not making the GATS theft of o0ur democracy an issue, nonetheless I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary because despite them having captured our regulation., I want them to know that I want a return to democracy where we can vote for things like public services, and have our votes actually count, like it was in the 1980s.

They can take their agreement to privatize everything and put it where the sun never shines.