Home | About | Donate

'Today Feels Like a Betrayal': Sunrise Movement Blasts Biden Pick of Big Oil-Back Cedric Richmond for Key Post

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/17/today-feels-betrayal-sunrise-movement-blasts-biden-pick-big-oil-back-cedric-richmond

6 Likes

Every four years, we all get to pay homage to the Who

“Meet the new boss, same as the old boss…”

25 Likes

My GAWD! People didn’t see this coming and are going into SHOCK?!
WTF?! The old fart is Dumbf/Oliar/Bush/Clinton/Bush/Reagan cut from the same shit mold!!!
Hope this helps cure that “blue-no-matter-who” insanity but I sure ain’t expecting it!

It’s Peoples Party or BUST going forward!!!

~https://peoplesparty.org/

27 Likes

As the man assured his donors, “Nothing will change.”

None of the bad things will change, but I would not be surprised at a change on wars (more), deportations (more), and incarceration (more).

But he speaks better English.

15 Likes

What d’ya say we change that, WW?!

~https://peoplesparty.org/

4 Likes

In other words be just like his old “boss”, OLIAR?

2 Likes

Deja vu. Remember hope and change Obama picking Summers and Geithner for important administrative positions? Same thing with Biden. Expect more of the same.

25 Likes

The Sunrise Movement betrayed it’s own supposed ideals.

They knew who Joe Biden was and still gave him their endorsement. Hello!!!

If you expect organizations that take $$ from Democratic Party to hold onto their supposed ideals you are the one that needs to wake the hell up.

We live in an one party Oligarchy folks.

You all gave your votes to the Duopoly and then expect it to change??

The blood is really on your hands.

The Duopoly is the enemy of the People, planet, and peace.

The Duopoly only serves the sociopathic greed and death cult of the Ruling Elite, end of story.

22 Likes

Don’t you just hate it when people won’t stay bribed?

1 Like

Of course he was lying. What else did you expect from a notorious liar?

12 Likes

Over the next four years, we’re going to see a lot of news articles filled with people expressing their shock and disbelief that Biden is betraying their progressive expectations.

My only shock and disbelief will be that people ever thought he would follow through in the first place.

25 Likes

Hi Mr. Tuttle:
Oh, I am sure that Biden or someone who works for him let Sunrise be screwed over. The that Cedric person is from Louisiana----I’m sure Cedric will die from some awful disease as since the time of the Hurricane Katrina, as the poor people have been drinking water as ugly as Flint’s. Although is that oil well continuing to leak—because I wonder if BP ever fixed it. sigh—people that grow up drinking a witches brew of water , die early it seems so that corporations can profit. : (

This is only the beginning, Consortiumnews the Greyzone and the Jacobin have more extensive articles on the Biden team-not encouraging, some downright depressing.

The worst part is that this is the same sort of betrayal by the Democrats that got working class whites interested in Trump. The DNC must be made up of people with learning disabilities.

A good read on the demise of the Democratic party as the party of workers and the middle class is Thomas Frank, Listen Liberal- it started before Clinton.

17 Likes

Sunrise Movement got bitch slapped …
As Gomer would say, surprise, surprise.

13 Likes

Charlie Brown, meet Lucy. None of us on the Left should have really expected Biden to go all Bernie on us from the gitgo, but he could have at least pretended to have been listening. We got the fascist out of the WH, now we have to fight like hell to make sure Biden is the last corporatist to reside there. He may think the Left will go back to sleep. He is wrong.

13 Likes

Agree 100%! Only the most politically, uniformed, sophomoric, moron could not see that Biden has been for 47 years a MIC, war mongering, Wall Street Stooge; otherwise, Joe would never have been selected over Bernie for POTUS.

14 Likes

surprise.

(you missed one)

8 Likes

Considering the alternative a better description is blackmailed, threatened. Trump was gun being held to the head of everybody who wanted a better future. Another four years of him and we would have a complete oligarchy; and if you want to protest better develop a tolerance for tear gas.

8 Likes

Just like the predatory nature of the snake that Trump recited during a speech, so too the nature of the neoliberal.

Helpless before their intrinsic natures.

4 Likes

Precisely.

5 Likes