Home | About | Donate

Tony Blair Admits Iraq Invasion's Role in Rise of ISIS

Tony Blair Admits Iraq Invasion's Role in Rise of ISIS

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair admitted that the invasion of Iraq helped the rise of ISIS.

Speaking to CNN's Fareed Zakaria in an interview that aired on Sunday, Blair said, "Of course you cant say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation [in Iraq] in 2015."

"There are elements of truth" in the fact that the invasion is responsible for the rise in ISIS, he said.

Really? I'm shocked!

Note that he didn't apologise for the war or the lies and subterfuge to start it, nor did he apologise for agreeing with W to go to war a year before that when they hadn't even agreed yet what ruse they would use to justify it, nor did he apologise for the breach of international laws or lack of UN resolutions, nor the 45 minute warning bullshit, nor the dodgy dossier, nor the absolute execution of the zionist and neocon plan for the region

In fact the war as far as he's concerned was a "good little war" and it's just minor mistakes here and there that shouldn't have been made. Probably someone else's fault anyway. Already there is emphasis on "faulty intelligence" that was the cause.

But HE, Tony Blair the great, had a good war and did the right thing...

Nothing short of the ICC will do for him, and I for one would support a death penalty.

Even now this co-conspirator cannot fess-up to his crimes and culpability! As another wrote "Tony Blair did not apologise for one million dead Iraqis or four million displaced, or an entire nation in ruins, divided and destroyed, or the entire Middle East shattered", but only for the very predictable rise of the depraved Sunni Daesh (ISIS)! He has evaded being indicted for war crimes (aided by the craven Barack Obama) along with "Dubya" Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, Feith, Perle, and the odious Elliot Abrams.....the Neo-Con servants of Zionism (and other evils) who engineered the Iraq war and all the death and destruction till this very day!

They ALL should be standing in the Dock at The Hague!

http://thinkprogress.org/report/the-architects-where-are-they-now/

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/31294-why-we-shouldn-t-look-the-other-way-on-bush-s-iraq-war-crimes

There goes that "we got the intelligence wrong" meme again.

I know for a fact that this so called intelligence was questioned from the get go. I know for a fact that if one read sources of information outside the mainstream that no one could ever believe the line of hooey the Governments and media were feeding the public. I know that here in Canada when spin masters from the Pentagon gave a presentation of this do called intelligence on Iraq , they were laughed out of the room.

If this was known to me and to many tens of thousands and millions of others than it was known to Tony Blair and his cabal of war criminals.

The only logical conclusion one can draw was Mr Blair was fixing the evidence and part of the Fraud.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I understand he's installed a tanning machine in his new digs in London. Bennie the Net and Sheldon wouldn't let him take the one he'd been gifted in Tel Aviv, while brokering several peace treaties and ceasefires, in the MENA. Additionally, they took away his cell phone with all the names of his contacts in London, Wall St. and Washington, D.C. Could his Macau bank account, personal server and black bag, go next? :wink: What are the dead and wounded doing for the holidays this year, anyway? I hope not waiting for a non-apology from Bush/Cheney and the rest of their treasonous looter cohorts. After all, there is no statute of limitations on genocide in the court of world public opinion, where they've all been found guilty, already

That they consider Dubya's lapdog (really Dick Cheney's lapdog) a credible source for anything of this sort confirms the limited credibility of CNN.

Drones (military and non military) are the military industrial complex's (MIC) fastest growing profit center these days. Their lobbyists (lead by Boeing, of course) therefore make sure that any efforts by state, local or federal governments to regulate drones are nipped in the bud.

"I can say for a fact that the intelligence we received was wrong."

Tony Blair, you mean the intelligence that you received about 1 year ahead of the illegal Iraqi invasion in 2002 was wrong, because that was when you said count me in!

" On Iraq, Blair will be with us should military operations be necessary."
Ex-Secretary of State Colin Powell wrote to Bush in a memo written in March 2002.

WAR CRIMINAL! WAR CRIMINAL!
Blair along with Bush, Cheney, and Condi among others need to be indicted as war criminals; otherwise, this war insanity will never end!

Only the losers get put on trial, that's why everyone wants to take a plea. Right?

I can recall 3 separate dodgy dossiers with about about two months separating each.

Blair publically announced "his" own dossier in approx October 2002 with so called "evidence" of the WMD (although it was accusations rather than evidence). Simultaneously John Howard announced "his" own (completely identical) dossier. The dossier explained exactly where Saddam was keeping his WMD. Now pretty much everything in the dossier was subsequently proved wrong by Hans Blix.

In approx December 2002, Blair and Howard each gave "their own" intelligence dossiers (again identical), which the media lapped up a second time again with the UK media calling it Blair's dossier, and with the Australian media calling it Howard's dossier. The UK and Australian media forgot to mention that there even had been a previous dossier and nor did they mention that everything in it had proved false.

Howard ordered an intelligence report from ASIO (their MI6), for direct tabling in the Australian parliament, which on delivery said quite the opposite, i.e. that there was little or no evidence about "Saddam's threat". Howard was outraged. He described it as "totally unacceptable" and demanded a second intelligence report that stated that Saddam was indeed a threat to the world. ASIO complied.

Each accusation presented in Blair and Howard's second identical intelligence dossiers was later proved to be false.

Then in February 2003 Howard and Blair announced their new "intelligence dossiers". Again ostensibly "their own" and again identical. And again trumpeted by the media, which never mentioned that there had been previous dossiers (the public forgot, I assume) and they never mentioned that they had both proved false. As you know, (or possibly can guess), these new dossiers were later proved to be false.

You will never hear an apology from Blair for theses lies nor an apology from a media that accepted each as if they were plausible. Clearly these "intelligence dossiers" that Blair and Howard each claimed as their own were in fact propaganda documents provided by USA agencies, possibly the CIA. The media never asked the blindingly obvious question "who gave you these dossiers and why", although I do hope the thought occurred to some citizens. I think the media knew they weren't supposed to ask that question.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It was way worse than that. The policy had been fixed and the "intelligence" was to provide cover for a war Cheney and his cabal had already decided was going to happen. It was a modernized version of the Polish "attack" on the German radio station used as a pretext for Germany to invade Poland in 1939. It is not so hard to see the value of a single human life -- The Diary of Anne Frank and the daily life in hiding it portrays pierces the heart when one considers what happened to her. How many Anne Franks were callously blown to bits in Iraq? So many lives extinguished that the totality of the pain is impossible to encompass. This is the very essence of a war crime, the raison d'etre for international laws born of the experience of WWII, the ultimate war of policy, choice and aggression.

It may be trite in such a context to quote a movie, but the movie, Judgment at Nuremberg, so perfectly captures the essence of the crime and the depth of depravity that Cheney et al represent. Spoken by Spencer Tracy, playing the chief judge at one of the Nuremberg tribunals before whom Nazi judges were being tried:

"Janning's record and his fate illuminate the most shattering truth that has emerged from this trial. If he and the other defendants were all depraved perverts - if the leaders of the Third Reich were sadistic monsters and maniacs - these events would have no more moral significance than an earthquake or other natural catastrophes. But this trial has shown that under the stress of a national crisis, men - even able and extraordinary men - can delude themselves into the commission of crimes and atrocities so vast and heinous as to stagger the imagination. No one who has sat through this trial can ever forget. The sterilization of men because of their political beliefs... The murder of children... How easily that can happen! There are those in our country today, too, who speak of the "protection" of the country. Of "survival". The answer to that is: survival as what? A country isn't a rock. And it isn't an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for, when standing for something is the most difficult! Before the people of the world - let it now be noted in our decision here that this is what we stand for: *justice, truth... and the value of a single human being!"

"the commission of crimes and atrocities so vast and heinous as to stagger the imagination" Describes Cheney, Blair, et al perfectly, as well as the atrocities we are witness to in the name of "security."

These men are cold, calculating killers. They lied, they know they lied, and they will most likely never be held accountable in any meaningful way for the lives they extinguished and the continuing catastrophes endured at their hands by the people of Middle East.

I know. My point is they were not merely ignored. They in fact served no purpose whatsoever to those at the top. To say they were ignored seems to understate the reality, as if there was some competing intelligence that could support a decision to go to war. Your clarification states the truth of the matter much more accurately. I know for a fact that I am preaching to the choir here anyhow.

While Tony Blair admits the Iraq invasion's role in the rise of ISIS, he'll never apologize for this nor admit that the invasion was a mistake. This is because he's not out of the woods yet, what with the Chilcot Report, an investigation into the Iraq War, expected to be released soon, He must realize that admitting he did wrong would put not only himself at risk of being tried at the International Court of Justice for his crimes against humanity, but his U.S. partners in said crimes as well (ie. George W. Bush, Dick Cheney et al) Seems that national leaders never admit having done wrong, especially re: war-making, Rather than own up to their faulty decision making, they choose to lie there way out of trouble. Fortunately this tactic didn't work at the Nuremberg trials for several Nazis, so hopefully it won't work for Tony Blair and his American partners in crime at their forthcoming trials at the Hague.

Campbell-Bannerman Report on the ME 1907"
"“There are people (the Arabs, Editor’s Note) who control spacious territories teeming with manifest and hidden resources. They dominate the intersections of world routes. Their lands were the cradles of human civilizations and religions. These people have one faith, one language, one history and the same aspirations. No natural barriers can isolate these people from one another … if, per chance, this nation were to be unified into one state, it would then take the fate of the world into its hands and would separate Europe from the rest of the world. Taking these considerations seriously, a foreign body should be planted in the heart of this nation to prevent the convergence of its wings in such a way that it could exhaust its powers in never-ending wars. It could also serve as a springboard for the West to gain its coveted objects.”
From the Campbell-Bannerman Report, 1907
And, as they say....."....the rest is history!"

(you can "google" the phrase in the title in this comment)

Campbell-Bannerman was British PM in that period in history.

Edmund Burke was quoting the Buddha. That the passion of intemperate minds forges their fetters is the second noble truth.