Home | About | Donate

Top Dems Demand DeJoy Testimony, Citing 'Grave Threat' to 'Our Very Democracy'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/16/top-dems-demand-dejoy-testimony-citing-grave-threat-our-very-democracy

3 Likes

If they’re not willing to call the fucking cops and have Mr. Joyless arrested for his criminal behavior, then who the hell is going to take them seriously? Just more blah blah blah blah blah blah while government continues to degenerate into a massive criminal enterprise. Just more people who sold their pride and principles a long time ago. They’d rather look pathetic than give up one penny of profit from selling the country into slavery.

12 Likes

“Spoiler” -once a caveat regarding electoral dynamics - now describes many, the majority (corporations cheer in the background) in office… pretty much across the spectrum. The rot is feeding off the heaps clawed away from the 99% over the past 50 years.

LOCAL: its not just for crumpets anymore.

2 Likes

Here’s another post that CD doesn’t like – unclear to them … ???

MORE LIKELY PELOSI SHOULD BE SENDING IN THE FBI TO STOP
THE PHYSICAL DISMANTLING OF GOVERNMENT PROPERTY –

DE JOY HAS $75 MILLION IN INVESTMENTS IN COMPANIES LIKE UPS
AND OTHERS THAT COMPETE WITH THE POST OFFICE.

What Postal Service anywhere is going to make the argument that they don’t need
sorting equipment or money to operate, especially during an ELECTION BASED IN
VOTE BY MAIL ---- where it will be essential for the good of the nation to have a
full complement of personnel available – and additional help where overtime is necessary
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

14 Likes

What, the Dems just landed on planet earth from a long trip elsewhere?

7 Likes

The Dems still haven’t arrived back back from their long trip to De nial . and i dont mean that river in africa .

4 Likes

I’m glad at least that they have moved the testimony to the end of August, rather than mid-September. Don’t think Pelosi could actually send in the FBI, though this is an interesting idea.

I was also thinking of a citizen lawsuit for destruction of property and sabotage of services – say by the ACLU. – And if he doesn’t appear before Congress, he should indeed be tossed in jail for failure to observe the subpoena.

2 Likes

The logical end game for a “citizen lawsuit” is a Nuremberg style trial to bring Trump and his appointees to justice. DeJoy is no worse than most Trump appointees, USPS is just more visible to more murkins in their daily lives than most other gubmit organizations. DeJoy is like the wasp that stings you, whereas most other Trump appointees are like termites…you won’t know how much damage they have done until the roof caves in on you or you fall through the floor.

7 Likes

A "grave threat."

Trump and the GOP are doing everything but dig a grave in order to kill the U.S. Post Office.

The Democrats had better get on their “A” game with only 80 days till the election.

I personally don’t see these Democrats doing anything except stepping all over their own dicks.

5 Likes

Or hire the Federal thugs that said the Portland, Oregon protesters were destroying Government, property.

7 Likes

"The Postal Service itself has warned that voters—even if they send in their ballots by state deadlines—may be disenfranchised in 46 states and in Washington, D.C. by continued delays.

Just the way D.elirium T.remers planned it a long time ago!

2 Likes

Unfortunately Pelosi doesn’t control the FBI, Barr does.

Operating under the jurisdiction of the United States Department of Justice, the FBI is also a member of the U.S. Intelligence Community and reports to both the Attorney General and the Director of National Intelligence.

1 Like

naaw… They’re still hovering

It’s all about being truly complicit, while putting on quite a show of hand wringing.

2 Likes

Of course not, they were all in on the legislation in 2006 that set this mess up.

2 Likes

This just in, DeJoy has been caught profiting off of destroying the USPS.

(h)ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpPJfWD_7X0

“Trumps Postmaster General CAUGHT Profiting Off Destroying The Post Office” / Ring of Fire Platform

This is a criminal offence. Congress needs to treat it like one.

4 Likes

I hate to be cynical, BUT, the odds are these fuckers will wriggle off the hook again just like they did in the impeachment trial.

I would prefer to characterize them as leeches who continually suck blood until the host fatally realizes what has been happening. Let’s call Mitch McConnell the biggest leech since he’s been the biggest enabler of this criminal enterprise. Cheers

1 Like

Yea, it seems like your onto something here. Obama was given both houses and what did he do? He took the center route and acted like he was Jesus or a saint to both sides. ‘Come on, give me a break. Republicans saw his weakness. Not really qualified to be president, just gave into everyone’s wishes…even let republicans send him bills that most democrats detested. Can you actually believe he had the best interests of the progressive class? He pulled the football aka Lucy vs poor Charlie Brown.

1 Like

Strange, but typical comments for CD.
Almost nobody mentions trump. This is diversionary. We are squawking in every direction but trump. Obama is throttled here more than trump.
Remember trump, the guy that came out publicly saying he will cut funds and mess with the post office operations in order to benefit him in the election.
I thought that was the story here. But he is hardly mentioned.

This is where trump does his winning. Just like Bin Laden won his little war. We lost in war to Afghanistan, Iraq, thousands of our neighbor soldiers, lost comfort in airports and flying, lost rights due to the Patriot Act, and Homeland Security creations. Bin won.

1 Like