Home | About | Donate

Top-Secret Pentagon Program Exploited Aid Workers as Covert Spies

Top-Secret Pentagon Program Exploited Aid Workers as Covert Spies

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

It is the stuff of spy novels, but a new investigation published Monday reveals that the U.S. Pentagon for years funneled millions to a charity organization employing it to serve as the front group for global espionage—very real revelations that experts warn could have dangerous implications for charity workers worldwide.

A morally balanced and sane society would recognize that the use of religion (or religious affiliation) to sell and make war is the stuff of deep, dark soul sickness, a/k/a clear sociopathic disorder.

It hardly surprises me, with the Christianization of the U.S. Air Force and so-called Christians like Erik Prince leading major private mercenary armed forces, that this would also be on the military menu:

"The program was reportedly the "brainchild" of Lt. Gen. William "Jerry" Boykin, an evangelical Christian who served under President George W. Bush. After the 9/11 attacks, Boykin was charged with expanding the intelligence gathering arm of the DoD and, "taking a page from the CIA's playbook," began tapping NGOs to use as a cover for Pentagon espionage operations."

Missionaries have almost always been used to spread patriarchal domination. They see "the natives" as savages and yet THEY use savage means to impose their will on people with cultural richness and connections with nature that the REAL savages in fancier suits can only dream of.

Until the true dangers of merging twisted religious views with war-making are exposed and truly understood, more of this madness (done in the name of God) will continue.

As I quite rightly identify it, the slaughtering fields of war present homage to one god and one god alone; and it is MARS. That "god" has NOTHING to do with Jesus!

Is this a surprise to anyone?

Missionaries, NGOs and religions generally, have often, sometimes unwittingly, been used as pawns of capitalism.

It seems increasingly, born again and evangelical X-thians believe in Jesus but in little to nothing of what he is said to have stood for.

The CIA made all journalists suspect by using them as spies. Now the Pentagon's done the same thing to aid workers.

Military force is often at its worst when it perceives it failing to win their objectives. Extremes become increasingly commonplace. When the object is to win and you aren't winning, the urge is to do whatever it takes to start winning.

We bombed a hospital ... which we wouldn't do if we were winning.

We place aid workers around the world at risk because we do not value their role as neutrals. The same thing with the hospital. We just want to win, we no longer care how.

We didn't start napalming villages or using Daisy Cutters or B-52 carpet bombing (the words collateral damage were written differently in that war. Body count would have been more accurate). We bombed dikes and poisoned the jungle with Agent Orange defoliants.

We glorify war when we win and look the other way when we don't.

Bombing hospitals and corrupting the neutrality (their only protection) of aid workers ...

... doesn't look like winning to me.

And just how much "vital information" has been gathered placing the lives of aid workers or Peace Corps volunteers or other civilians in jeopardy by compelling them to act as spies? Virtually none for military tactical use I would suspect but that has not curtailed such insane methods. I had a friend who was a Peace Corps volunteer in Guatemala and he chose to quit rather than be an operative for the CIA, which he was asked to do within a month of arriving in Guatemala. I tried to tell him before he left that there was a distinct possibility that the CIA would approach him to feed them info but his starry-eyed approach to being a Peace Corps volunteer blinded him to that reality. Tragic!

USAID and Obama's mother.

It is crap like this that makes legitimate aid work much harder.

Take that WE and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

No one that I care about or know well has done anything you mention.

Civilians and the military are not the same entity and it's dangerous to constantly traffic in that meme. Of course it would fit a Fourth Reich.

However, those of us who do not identify with fascism would hardly cast ourselves into the idiomatic WE that connotes what militarists, alone, do.

You can speak for your own military loyalties. Not assume that stance in others!

"WE" didn't bomb a hospital. THUGS who see themselves as beyond or above the "rule of law" did so. And if they did so by "just following orders," those orders came from Deep State entities... not those answerable to WE, The People!

Also medical workers, by using a vaccination program as a front. What could possibly go wrong?

Oldest trick in the book.

This goes way back. There's countless examples of religion being used to spy on local populations. The Holy Roman Empire used Catholic "missions" supposedly charitable, around the world to gain footholds in native populations and spy for the Emperor of Rome.

In 1920's China, Christian groups working for J.D. Rockefeller established "Yale in China" which produced the ruthless Chairman Mao, who was trained in guerrilla tactics by Naval Intel/OSS which became CIA. He killed up to 40 million people.

The NGO "US Aid" has always been CIA all over the world. In just one example, Barrack Obomber's mother Stanley Dunham spied for CIA in Indonesia while working for both US Aid and the Ford Foundation under the pretense of being an Archaeologist and then a humanitarian banker providing "Mircro-Finance" for the poor. What she was really doing was compiling the notorious CIA "Shooting List" which Obama's Bloody Stepfather Col. Lolo Soetoro used to help kill a million leftists and trade unionists and any sympathizers in the Indonesian Massacres which went on for decades.

His step-son Barry Soetoro, AKA Barack Obama, very likely worked for CIA in Pakistan after flunking out of Occidental College in Southern California (the preferred college for spooks) as a young man (This according to a IRS agent who had a website up about all this.) His first job listed on his resume posted at the University of Chicago was working for BIC bank, a known CIA front bank. Like Stanley Dunham, his mother, he hailed from a shady banking family. His Grandmother, a VP at Bank of Hawaii, laundered money for bloody dictators all over the world. All according to ex-NSA Wayne Madsen on the Wayne Madsen Report.

NGO's today are feared all through Africa. It's well known that CIA had agents posing as Polio Vaccine doctors and now tribes won't allow the distribution of Polio vaccine in many parts of that Continent. They've also posed as Archaeologists all over the world and this has angered real archaeologists, who are no longer trusted in many places.

Religion and NGO's: Just another form of control.

Since you can't discuss anything without being insulting, shove this . Other people do not have to acquiece to your ridiculous insistence that the whole world should no longer use the rhetorical 'we'! Gee sorry your highness but I am no longer willing to follow your orders. If you're mentally challenged or slightly insane? Too f'n bad! This whole nonsense is stupid... Simple as that ... It is stupid. Stop trying to impose your royal will on others in this community. Try instead to be sane and acknowlege that the rhetorical sense is an accepted part of the english language and in fact most languages.

You babble about Mars culture and talk sexist, you insult and accuse with merit or proof, you are in fact fascistic in intent even if the subject in this case is innocuous. Nevertheless by constantly trying to impose your will on others about an acceptable use of the language, is ...STUPID.

In deference to you this one time, I bow to your imperious will and affirm and attest that I am not saying we or 'we' are stupid... I am being quite specific as to who - singular - is that way.

No need to thank me for going along with your silliness this one time.

Oh for christ's sake, SR, lighten up. Sit back and try to enjoy a little bit of life. You strike me as having absolutely no sense of humor. Comments like

"Civilians and the military are not the same entity and it's dangerous to
constantly traffic in that meme. Of course it would fit a Fourth Reich.
"

are just plain goofy. The only commenter on this particular blog to refer to "fascism" was you. And also, try to get off this "WE" obsession.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Redraven tell us more about Peace Corps.

CIA has ruled since they whacked JFK. http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-devils-chessboard-allen-dulles-the-cia-and-the-rise-of-americas-secret-government/5484565

The friendship we have is so rare to find,
We hate to see each other in a bind.
We have made each other laugh so hard we've cried,
We feel each other's pain if we are hurt inside.
We always can find the right words to say,
To help us get through any dreadful day.
We have told our darkest secrets, with feeling no shame,
We will tell each other the truth even if we are to blame.
Thinking of you not being here makes me feel so sad,
We will have to look back on our crazy memories to make us glad.
The miles between us can't keep us apart,
Because we will keep each other close at heart.
Amber Pence

How Christian of us! Some likely have the audacity to judge that a god would be proud of them. How inhumane!?

The Peace Corps has been at this for decades, so you could view it as another example of privatization.