Home | About | Donate

Top Ten Differences Between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War

Top Ten Differences Between the Iraq War and Trump’s Proposed Iran War

Juan Cole

1. Iraq is 168,754 mi² and Iran is 636,400 mi²; that is, Iran is geographically 3.77 times bigger than Iraq, almost 4 times as big.

2. Iraq’s population when invaded was 26 million. Iran’s population today is 81 million.

3 Likes

We are being led by psychopaths (see photo above).

3 Likes

And a similarity . . .

Just like the invasion of Iraq, and invasion of Iran would provide an
opening for the re-emergence of ISIS type groups.

Iraqi Shia forces, some from Iran, were instrumental in the defeat of ISIS

Looks like the US is so in thrall to Israel (and less so Saudi) that it will do their
bidding with respect to Iran even if it means a major ISIS resurgence

6 Likes

A U.S. invasion of Iran, leaving it in a total mess like Iraq, Libya or Syria, would count as a good result for Bibi. Weakening or destroying its adversaries is an Israeli goal.

From this perspective the war against Iraq and the conflict we promoted in Syria, is a success, as Bolton, one of its main architects with false intelligence provided by our friend Bibi, maintains to this day.

Bolton and Trump are serving Bibi, regardless of the cost to the region the U.S. in blood and treasure, and Pompeo is a religious nut.

6 Likes

you my friend, are being FAR too generous as to pompus, highlight the pus part, he is just as much of a psychopath as his evil friends! other than that, you are spot on!

1 Like

Re: that photo … I was thinking the cardboard cutout of half-Pence looks almost lifelike. Props to the White House PR crew for locating such a high-quality printing contractor.

3 Likes

I would add that there’s at least a plausibility that China and Russia would covertly or even overtly assist Iran militarily. Not troops of course, but logistics, strategy, arms.

3 Likes
  1. Iran is very mountainous. Read Sun Tzu’s The Art of War to learn why this is such an important (yet unreported to my knowledge) fact.
2 Likes

“Making the US look like a unilateralist bully”? What do you mean ‘look like’? The US has over a century of bullying and more than bullying, try murder and mayhem for instance!

2 Likes

So this is what it felt to be an intelligent dissenter in 1930s Germany.

It doesn’t feel good. It won’t end well no matter what violently militaristic totalitarian corporate clown the oligarchs install as president next. Same as the last one, same as the next one.

I have no answers.

sealintheSelkirks

1 Like

His expression brings to mind a “judge” at a Salem “witch” trial.