Home | About | Donate

Top UN Anti-Torture Official Urges Trump to Send Message of 'Justice, Truth, and Humanity' by Pardoning Julian Assange

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/22/top-un-anti-torture-official-urges-trump-send-message-justice-truth-and-humanity

3 Likes

Not that I’m cheering for Trump, but if he really wants to stick it to the democrats in general, and the Clintons and Obama more specifically, pardons of Assange and Snowden would go a long way to that end.
Snowden and Assange are still public enemies number 1 and 2 down at the DNC offices. They committed the cardinal sin of Third Way politics. They pointed out how evil the Clintons and their conies really were (are).
Hunter Thompson once said that the Clintons marched on a road of bones.
A pardon of one of these men would make democrats apoplectic. Pardon both and maybe Chelsea Manning and Reality Winner as well, and democratic heads would explode all over America. For that reason, I hope Trump buys a brand new sharpie.

13 Likes

One must ask oneself, what’s in it for Donnie tiny hands?

I suggest, "Hey Donnie, I hear Ivanka is hot for inside info on Obama-era war crimes.

2 Likes

Sorry, Trump only Pardons the real criminals.
I must say…Julian Assange is a true patriot revealing the war crimes of this US Government, red & blue. The US Government is angry with Assange because he revealed the true criminality of the US Government…he will never go free.

4 Likes

The only thing I can think of is that Trump is so delusional he thinks that Julian has inside information on how the Democrats stole the election.

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda:

Along with Nils MeIzer, there might be a way to free Julian.
We all know that Trump had never developed mentally beyond a teenaged mind. Having been teenagers I think that most would agree, that pardoning Julian Assange would bring great gobs of thank you letters and appreciation to Donald Trump at the White House---- maybe the idea of being PRAISED by so many could make him act in a positive way for FREE SPEECH for current journalists and writers of the future too.

3 Likes

Trump doesn’t care about justice, or truth, or humanity (unless it’s spelled Hannity). It would be more effective to appeal to his better side. IOW, “The Libs think that Assange got you elected and want his head. Wouldn’t it be glorious to let him go? You would own the libs like never before!”

Remember, we’re dealing with a narcissistic egomaniac.

4 Likes

Gosh stardust, do you really think Trump is that smart?

FREE JULIAN ASSANGE

please.

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda:

LOL! That was funny.
However, I think that Trump’s mind stopped developing around that teen age. You can see that with plenty of people in America, like the Proud Boys, and that weird lady lawyer of Trumps—that he canned once before and now has her back! Having been a troublesome teen to my parents----mostly because I didn’t yet understand the world. Yes, I did get into amazing trouble sometimes----but Trump still has his teen brain and most of us have moved on! : )

2 Likes

God I hope Trump does this, that he frees Assange and Snowden from the bipartisan injustices they have suffered. Our greatest heroes and patriots should not suffer while America stands by and watches without remorse. If Trump does this, it would be better than anything Obama ever did in his 8 years.

4 Likes

OOOH. Can we send a little mite to Jonnydon’s ear because the message just might do the trick!

The only thing I have reservations about when it comes to pardoning Assange, Snowden, Winner, Manning, Kiriakou, and other whistleblowers persecuted over the last 20 years, is it implies they did something wrong. Also, Biden could pardon them his first day in the office so why aren’t you trying to “move Joebama left” to do so? Is it because you rubes who voted for him have finally figured out who and what Biden really is and you’re a wee bit embarrassed? Joe calling Assange a “high tech terrorist” on national TV might have been the very unsubtle hint you chose to overlook in November.

7 Likes

well I think that is a good spin also and it might work???

3 Likes

After the four years of carnage Drumpf has put this nation through, pardoning Assange and Snowden would amount to possibly the only heroic act of his entire existence.

I hope he does, however hope is just another four letter word totally unrelated to politics.

2 Likes

Unfortunately for proles, aka 99%,
torture for shits and giggles
IS the point.
Julian is the Cuba of journalists.
Edward and Chelsea
round out the Trinity of Truth,
may peace be their reward.

To paraphrase Yoda,
“There is no HOPE,
there is only DO.”

White House
PHONE NUMBERS
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414

~https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

May the force of love be with you

1 Like

Humaninny

More like teenage tendencies.
It’s hard to fit smart and Trump into a sentence.

1 Like

Clinton is the gal who suggested the US take Assange out with a drone strike. Odd how she gets a pass for that.

Biden considers Assange a Hi-tech terrorist and having been responsible for writing much of the Patriot act , the guy would be more then a little eager to “kill him some terrorists”.

6 Likes

PRE-teen is more like it.  10 or 11 at most; not even close to 12.

. . . else he’d have spared us all his evil presence by committing suicide many years ago!

1 Like