Home | About | Donate

'Torture, Plain and Simple': Chelsea Manning's Supporters Demand Her Release From Solitary Confinement

'Torture, Plain and Simple': Chelsea Manning's Supporters Demand Her Release From Solitary Confinement

Julia Conley, staff writer

Supporters of U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning are demanding she be released from solitary confinement, in which she has been held for 17 days since refusing to answer a grand jury's questions.

Chelsea Resists!, Manning's support committee, released a statement over the weekend denouncing her treatment and invoking the United Nations' own statements about the dangers and injustice of isolation in prisons.

2 Likes

Is there a URL for a petition one can sign to protest this travesty?

4 Likes

Like I have posted before: how can Chelsea Manning expect justice in appearing before the court of the unjust. .

9 Likes

Contempt for this Court appears to be contagious.

8 Likes

Another page out of the Putin playbook.

Will We just allow this “Inverted Totalitarian State” to jail all those willing to expose them?

3 Likes

WTF does the treatment of Manning have to do with Putin?

7 Likes

Judge: “Young woman, are you trying to show contempt for this court?”
Mae West: “No, your honor, I’m trying my best to hide it!”

6 Likes

I guess the takeaway is this:

Commit war crimes, get a presidential appointment (see J. Bolton, E. Abrams etc.)
Blow the whistle on war crimes, get tortured.

Ain’t exceptionalism grand?

15 Likes

Russiagater. That kind of mindset is the very reason Manning is in jail.

5 Likes

And also get presidential pardons.

2 Likes

More like out of the Pelosi/Schumer “see no evil” with torture and can support the Trump fascist policy on this one. After all Chelsea downloaded the truth about them to my favorite news source - WIKI leaks.

7 Likes

Now everyone who has eyes can see what happens to anyone who exposes the war crimes of the U.S. military. The myth of the exceptional country must be maintained so the war budget can rob the treasury. There will never be an audit of the Pentagon. The evil Empire is we.

9 Likes

I suppose you agree with this governments jailing of Chelsea.

I thought for a minute that I was in Russia.

MCH,

You on something?

One wonders to what extent they just have something that they prefer Manning not say, or to what extent they might wish to threaten Manning to sign off on some statement to grace their persecution of Assange.

I suppose these are not mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t think I took that you were being a bit sarcastic with that Putin comment.

2 Likes

No worries mate.

2 Likes

This counties government and military always have a lot that they don’t want you to know.

2 Likes

NO I don’t agree with the jailing of Manning. I just agree that our government is totally out of control and it is the US government that is doing this to Manning, and many others. We don’t live in a democracy of, by, or for the people. We live in a country run of, by, and for the oligarchs and corporate profits, and their sycophants in Congress. The jailing and torture of Manning has NOTHING to do with Russia.

9 Likes

True, I think the Kangaroo Court has sent a message to any other potential war crime whistle blowers.

3 Likes