Home | About | Donate

Tourists, Beware: Trump Administration Wants Your Social Media Handles Before You Travel

Tourists, Beware: Trump Administration Wants Your Social Media Handles Before You Travel

Tahmina Watson

Spring break. It’s a vacation I am getting used to now that I have school-age children. I figure I’ve got 10 good years before my older daughter will start college and spending spring break with me will be the last thing she’ll want to do. We visited Disneyland—along with what felt like a million other people—and I realized the place is really a series of terminally long lines. Standing in those lines gives you an opportunity to listen to languages and accents from all over the world.

Visiting the US, unless for urgent family matters, is not worth the hassle, which such visit entails for both citizens and foreigners alike. I personally refuse to be fondled in order to fly anywhere within, into or out of the US. No thank you! There are so many much more interesting, safer and more beautiful places to visit. The US is far down the list, believe me. As far as giving American immigration my social internet information. They can stick it up their “you know whats”. No way Jose!