Home | About | Donate

Tribunal Finds Monsanto Endangers Right to Food, Health, Environment

Tribunal Finds Monsanto Endangers Right to Food, Health, Environment

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Biotech giant Monsanto "has engaged in practices which have negatively impacted the right to a healthy environment, the right to food, and the right to health," five international judges comprising the "Monsanto Tribunal" declared Tuesday.

Great news. All one has to do to feel extremely confident in opposition to Monsanto and GMOs in general is to read 'Altered Genes, Twisted Truth' by Steven Druker.

While I have no love for Monsanto, or coorperations in general, why are GMOs considered so vile? I understand that certain resistances could cause them to become weeds, or lead to more resistant pests, but it would be the same as if more pest- or herbicieds were used. At least with GMOs you can limit the use of chemical agents that can end up in the waterways. Plus when you consider the benifits, higher nutritional value, longer shelf life, higher crop yields, etc., why wouldn't you want to plant them?

Like I said, for a very substantial take on what is wrong with GMOs, read Mr. Druker's books. Their is so much controversy on so many aspects of GMOs, we just keep hearing the same superficial arguments for and against them. This book goes beyond that, into depth and should be a must read for anyone who strongly supports GMOs.

Are you an industry troll or are you actually honestly not aware that you are telling lies and spreading misinformation with that claim? Round-Up Ready corn REQUIRES the excessive use of Round-Up to perform as advertised. GMO produce has a LOWER nutritional value then non-GMO(plus it tastes 100 times better!). If you are simply ignorant I hope that instead of spreading misinformation that you use your time to learn the truth. On the other hand if you are an industry troll I hope you wind up in a prison cell.