Home | About | Donate

Trouble at the Border

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/04/trouble-border

Wow, how we have digressed.
When I was a new recruit in the Marine Corps in 1979 we were very sternly informed that there were no white, no black, no brown Marines, only green Marines (just after the Vietnam War, the color scheme was jungle green). I’m sure there were still racist attitudes, but all but one person kept it to himself. The one who didn’t, he was pretty much ostracized.
MSM reported last night, that this racist, misogynist attitude has been going on for years, with the leaderships knowledge for years with CBP, not something new. It must stop, and all held to account.
I don’t use social media, but doesn’t facebook take down hate platforms? Why is this one, and all cop platforms with hate allowed to continue?

4 Likes

Here on the 4th of July, honor “Humanity,” not the inhumanity of those who would have you believe that we got here through the strength of leaders willing to expand Empire by using military force.

4 Likes

““‘If you want water, just drink from a toilet.’ That’s what border patrol told one thirsty woman we met on today’s #DemsAtTheBorder trip.”

Remember the name of that CBP officer? Which facility did he work at? What specific section? You could complain to his commanding officer or even higher.

Actually PB, I think that’s how we DID get here.
And certainly, as you say, without humanity by leadership.