Home | About | Donate

Trump 2020: 'Get Your Guns, The Blacks Are Coming'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/23/trump-2020-get-your-guns-blacks-are-coming

1 Like

I’m so sick of all this “Good Ole Boys Club” backlash every time we step forward. My worry: When these old white geezers finally all croak, they will have left behind younger fascist groupies to carry on the hell razing. Honestly, this is the year 2020! Why is all this crap still going on? Skin color–really? Oh, actually, it’s not skin color. It’s one culture thinking they are superior to another one and killing and enslaving the other one. It’s called conquering.

The human race seems to always have been divided between left and right brainers. It’s like speaking a foreign language to right-wing nuts! I’m sure they feel the same about us left-leaning radicals.

Truly…I see the only thing we can ALL come together on is breathing! Well, maybe not even that. I forsee a possible future where the corporations own the air and sell it in doses. The rich get good clean air, the rest of us get dirty air…and good luck with life after that.

6 Likes

Ever since Saint Ron ushered in his soft racist “welfare queen” message in 1981 the GOP has been hardening racist messaging to the extent that early during the Obama regime Trump tested his POTUS electoral potential by taking the reins leading the 100% racist birther movement.

3 Likes

You might be interested in reading George Lakoff’s Moral Politics as well as several studies of brain wave patterns showing the great differences between conservatives and progressives. Fear is instilled in babies from the beginning in certain cultures, generating cortisol poisoning and actual lowering of creativity and empathy. These children suffer from separation anxiety, fear of anything new, and have problems forming deep social connections. But they do bully those they think are less powerful as a way to ease their own pain and fear.
One of the studies did PET scans of several people along the spectrum. Those who were hard right conservatives had brains that lit up like strobe lights when shown something they considered fearful that the rest thought was either banal or fun. On the other side, the part of the brain implicated in harmful actions to others lit up when they saw acts of violence to The Others.
Lot to think about here, and I’ve been studying it for years, wondering how I escaped the Conservative Matrix. Nature versus nurture? Mixed race child passing raised by conservative white adoptive parents in a hard right culture grew into a Wiccan Progressive.
As for the current slogan, it’s once again exposing the rotten, gangrenous heart of American Exceptionalism, founded on genocide and slavery, stone cold killers and exploiters.

5 Likes

The human brain discriminates and categorizes as a matter of course. it is an instinct that helped to keep us alive in rougher times - call it the original “stranger danger”.

The 1% uses the physiological fact that race is a novel social marker of ingroup or outgroup in real life and is easily manipulated in psychological experiments. In fact, as humans we have decreased brain responses when viewing painful stimulation applied to other-race than same-race individuals.

All of the focus on race is just the 1% using your instinctual bias against you - getting you to look away from the underlying truth that their war is against all of us. The media will push the race issues, and ignore the economic inequality issue. The DNC platform will inflate race issues while doing nothing to deflate the economic inequality. Bernie sanders was correct on this issue, that is why “economic inequality” has been replaced with “racial inequality”.

That is why your gut instinct to go out and get a gun to protect yourself is getting stronger by the day. It is because the oligarchs would rather have a full-blown race war than have any small semblance of economic equality. Deep down, you know this to be true.

4 Likes

Nixon went with the Southern Strategy even earlier. The r-party has never abandoned it.

3 Likes

One day they’ll have to come to realize that Trump will never be as white as Michael Jackson.

why wouldn’t he do this, it worked for him in 2016 (also misogyny helped) , for Nixon, and for Bush 1. And minorities are often prevented from voting one way or another, and many are manipulated to be discouraged from voting (“they are all crooks” or “it doesn’t matter, the parties are the same”…)
And the uptick in urban crime helps Trump too (for example normally more peaceful Providence had 5 homicides in the last 2 weeks, apparently mostly gang-related)

3 Likes

Trump sees everything through the value of real estate; ya know, location, location, location. From the Rose Garden, he’s just peddling his senseless and sick racism, to a crowd who’ve got their " pursuit of property (ies) and pursuit of happiness(es) " twisted in just the mostly comfortable tightyrighty direction.
He’s the best pitchman to the hyper-paranoid; the current cold-sweating Mr. & Mrs. Trumpster of America. Who are watching their vanishing middle-class dreams disappear like a big white bunny into a magician’s tophat.

2 Likes

And listening to fox. For explanations. It’s the blacks, the immigrants, the wolves, the bears, those on welfare ( not corporate welfare), the arabs , the muslims, the hindus, the atheists, the gays …

2 Likes

Even if I may be a victim I am not going to give them the satisfaction of supporting the gun industry which I am sure is making a literal killing right now.

2 Likes

Fear of “communists” , “soclialism”, “furriners”, China , atheists , … and “democrats”.

1 Like

Wasn’t the gun industry considered “essential business” when other places were shut down ?

2 Likes

That wouldn’t surprise me. Just shows the stranglehold that death industry has in our government.

1 Like

They call it “courage”. “Courage” flows from the barrel of a gun. The bigger the gun , the more “courage” flows out of it. And to think that I say that it’s fear that makes one pull the trigger. I must be nuts.

You’re right. It’s all of those you name, for starters, and Mr. & Mrs. Trumpster will generously add to the list if necessary.
Property as Happiness: how many Biden/Harris voters when cut, by lost cash rental income and eviction restrictions, will bleed Trump onto their mail-in ballots? How much bleeding from their hedge fund’s REIT will the liberals tolerate before tossing the former " essential workers " into the debtor’s new living quarters?
Biden’s advisory staff is already talking " austerity plans " for the future. For 60% of the country’s working class, and poor, that means no future.

2 Likes

Some day, the not so rich whites will realize that it’s a class war and not a race war. Probably be too late. And I am not sure about the first part.

3 Likes

On Trump’s gambit to win over some suburban voters based on the fear of housing prices becoming deflated upon new low income housing - I’m sure that 1) there is no downside for Trump - he won’t lose any additional voters than if he hadn’t done anything, and 2) there is definitely a possible upside - some voters who are on the fence between Biden and Trump, who live in the suburbs in a house they are paying a mortgage on, are going to basically say that this swings it for them. How many I’m not sure. But in my liberal state of CA, we voted down Prop 10 in 2018 that had to do with low income housing. I guarantee Trump will pick up some votes with this - hell, he might even pick up some black homeowner voters with this. People have enough uncertainty in their lives - many just don’t want the uncertainty of a significant amount of new low income housing reducing the property values from what they might have been (even if they went up in both cases).

Of all the things Trump tries to do to get votes, most of them sound asinine - this one doesn’t. If I were Biden, I’d be careful on how I’d handle this.

1 Like

Good suggestion. I will take it. Appreciated your post–very interesting. Glad there is someone out there who has such a creative mind!

2 Likes

Thank you. Spirit warriors are everywhere, and their spirits shine forth most brightly when it seems hopeless. Beauty and creativity bloom in the wounds. Blessed be.

3 Likes