Home | About | Donate

Trump Accused of 'Manufacturing' Crisis By Slashing Aid to Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador

Trump Accused of 'Manufacturing' Crisis By Slashing Aid to Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In a move that was immediately denounced as "cruel" and counterproductive, the Trump State Department on Saturday confirmed that it is cutting off hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador.

1 Like

It seems to me that every mess we are faced with is of t___ps making. What area of anyone’s life is better other than the 1%? This freak show is just too bizarre. Nothing about this is normal and yet his approval rating remains above 40%, my gawd how sick we are. My head feels like it will explode at any moment.

6 Likes

Manufacturing a crisis to get funding for his asinine, wall? Looks to me like Trump has taken a page from the war profiteers, who have for so many years been manufacturing bogus enemies to enable their corrupt, illegal, and egregious war profits. What Noam Chomsky has called " MANUFACTURING CONSENT".

Just asking: I wonder what I kind of crisis will Trump manufacture to stay in office in 2020 if Trump thinks he might lose the election?

4 Likes

He needs Congressional Approval and I think there’s a Veto-Proof one in this. Of course, I don’t recognize this country because we live under a damn coup! What’s news here? This is what it looks and feels like and we’d best act fast! Trump must be stopped. BAMN

1 Like

I felt the same way for seven out of eight Bush years. Screaming out loud only helped for a minute at a time. The thing we worried about early on is whether T—p would beset us with a new normal.
And I am with you on the angst over ( "What the f_ _ _ k is wrong with our people?)

1 Like

Welcome Ann! And from my perspective, the Amerikan coup d’ 'etat was done on 11/22/63, Trump is just the inevitable. fascist, result of the JFK assassination.

2 Likes

I agree. “Manufacturing Consent” is exactly what’s been going on since WW2.
And I have been hinting regularly that a Trump false flag is almost guaranteed. It will be in the form of a more subtle move I think.

0 Likes

Especially, if Trump and his base believe they could lose in 2020.

1 Like

Yes, 63 was the new beginning of subterfuge government of this era, throwing Hans Blix under the bus was the move that made us wary of what was to come, and then Bush came right out with in your face BS.
Believe what we want about 9-11, the republican party became a gang that day, and well before, and since.

1 Like

I do not know what to believe about 9/11, but one thing I do know for sure: THE AMERICAN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LIED TO SO MUCH! And that is why we cannot believe anything we have been told by our fascist, government until it is unequivocally and immutably proven true!

1 Like

Trump lies multiple times a day. That’s why I have suggested that a truth squad be established to counter government lies real time and with follow ups for the MSM to do what the will, or won’t with them.

1 Like

Damnit - President is destroying my chances to like ExPat one by one.

0 Likes

Meanwhile in France , President Macron has ordered the Military into the streets armed with live ammunition to crush protest movements. This is the first time that France has employed its Military against its Citizens for over 70 years.

This is linked directly to these US acts. The Globalists are hard at work trying to ensure that the Corporate State , based in the Ex Colonial (read white) nations , remains in power and that all Nations of the World do the dictate of that State. The wealth and resources of all these Countries are to be controlled by the 1 percent and any that resist will be crushed with violence under the guise of “defending democracy and freedom”.

The leaders of this Countries can do as they wish with their people. They can slaughter them en-masse. They can beat and imprison them. They can force them to work for starvation wages. They can target out groups for extermination. All of this is allowed. What they CAN NOT do is limit the control of their natural resources to foreign Corporations. Those Corporations must have full ownership and control or the beatdown will commence.

Capitalism has reached its nadir. It must devour ALL to surivive.

4 Likes

Trump is fine with the awful conditions in Central America. His wall talk is really white supremacy to his base. If Trump damages the US his propaganda system will not report it or accept any responsibility. They will use the military and the concentration camps he is setting up for a Dictator take-over.

1 Like

Well, sign up to volunteer for the Green New Deal- something- have to go beyond protesting.

0 Likes

The more “threatened” they feel, the more insane they become. Missisippi and Georgia have now offically made abortions illegal no matter what, and that is unconstitutional.

2 Likes

The IRA made it difficult for their foe. It won’t go unanswered here either.

0 Likes

When then have worked hard to get a majority of right-wing judges, everything will end up in court. What no smiley faces? No kidding.

1 Like

Yes, but can they be anymore insane than they are now? It’s like Trump, Bolton and all the rest have all escaped from an insane, asylum. And the inmates have taken over our government !

0 Likes

Yes, they can be way more insane- like Miss. and Georgia have now made all abortions illegal which is unconstitutional.

0 Likes