Home | About | Donate

Trump Accused of Suppressing CDC Warning That Full School Reopenings Pose 'Highest Risk' of Covid-19 Spread

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/13/trump-accused-suppressing-cdc-warning-full-school-reopenings-pose-highest-risk-covid

4 Likes

Chomp, chomp, chomp … cannibalism of a society. Ahhh, so that’s the real meaning of “internal use only”.

7 Likes

At this point the currently ELECTED, and SELECTED (as administration appointees) GOP has let Trump get away with so much expecting anything different would be foolhardy.

4 Likes

Shame on him. Shame on those who enable him."

Can’t shame the shameless. Next plan: Total, rolling, non cooperation.

12 Likes

Exactly so.
Trump is not operating alone in a vacuum. HE is being aided, abetted, covered, ignored and excused by Republicans in general. They are ALL guilty of the continuation of this.

10 Likes

The whole country is being rigged like the Twin Towers, School Day will be the new 911.

9 Likes

Did people miss this? The CDC’s Director Robert Redfield:

“I’m of the point of view as a public health leader in this nation, that having the schools actually closed is a greater public health threat to the children than having the schools reopen,”

Also, can some one please forward the data on COVID’s impact on school age children. Interesting that this article did not include this, because it doesn’t impact children in any measurable way.

Shotty work CD. What are you concealing?

Families need to get their last family reunion in while they have grandparents and great grandparent to celebrate … when the kids go back to school it’s over. In my extended family, when my precious little great granddaughter comes in from school and wants to give me a hug and big kiss. Well, some things are worth dying for. But it does not have to be this way.

3 Likes

Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) [ripped] DeVos for offering “no plan” to safely reopen schools as “teachers, kids, and parents are fearing for their lives.”

“You point to a private sector that has put profits over people and claimed the lives of thousands of essential workers,” Pressley tweeted. “I wouldn’t trust you to care for a house plant let alone my child.”

Well said. Anytime profit appears you can bet some form of death follows from it.

7 Likes

The empire breaks
Wars
Greed
Hollywood
Too much cake
Disney
Coffins
Funerals
Sports
Family entertainment
Open schools
Open graves
Politicians and the reaper
The raven waits.

Keep your Kids HOME!!

9 Likes

K thru 8 I got more from my father talking to me, much of it on philosophy of science, than from school, which was mostly covering what my father had taught me the previous year.

3 Likes

Certainly the enablers who we know are not actual morons are more guilty than he.

Did you miss the PDF included in the body of the article? Or are you referring to something else? Download it. Share it. Print it. Pass it on. I plan on forwarding to people still working in the school system from which I retired, in case they are unaware.

1 Like

I guess you never had children. Do you know what they bring home from school other than books, homework, and report cards? They bring home ear infections, flu, and strep. Now imagine them bringing home Covid 19, and then going to visit grandma, or worse, be one of the about 25% of children living with or being raised by grandparents. Under current conditions, and knowing that children have proven to be Non symptomatic carriers of Covid, the potential to further exacerbate an already uncontrolled pandemic is enormous.
You state it’s not harmful to children, although that is grossly incorrect. Just imagine how children are negatively affected by not only becoming sick, which despite their young little immune systems they still do, but imagine the effect on their psyche of having a grandparent, parent, aunt, or yes even sibling, die. And now imagine if they find out they brought the method their families demise home from school?
It has often been said that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to begin speaking and remove all doubt. May I suggest humbly that you follow that advice in the future.

10 Likes

Your points are right but need further clarification. The challenge is getting proper guidelines and financial aid to open schools in a safer manner. That is what is missing from the administration’s push and rush into madness. The same with opening up businesses and public areas. If public health guidelines are followed, we would not be seeing the horrendous surge in Covid-19 cases at this time. Just stupidity, people yelling it is their right not to wear masks.
The issue is not the seriousness of the infection on children, which yet remains to be seen, it is the protection of the whole population that is key. If schools reopen without lowering risks of spread, then the risks to everyone sky rocket.

4 Likes

A five year old child died in South Carolina from COVID yesterday. I guess that poor child was the exception to that statement that it doesn’t affect children, huh? (Sarcasm to the uninformed)

3 Likes

Awwww, that really brings it home. The hug and kiss.

Yes, I have children.

Where’s the scientific data BigB?

1 Like

Isn’t it funny how most states level 2 and 3 plans include the wearing of PPE in all public places, as well as not being in any group of over 25 people (it’s as though they’re saying you can’t get sick in a group of 24)
Maybe Betsy DeVos was never in a classroom with over 25 kids, but I can assure that ACE packet imbecile that most class rooms in America do indeed have more than 25 kids in them. A lot more.

3 Likes

Two shoes to drop: shoe one, viral load–as in enclosed classrooms with poor ventilation, shoe two, stress–as in keeping up with active youth and being underpaid and under appreciated. All public school teachers deserve combat pay and a federal holiday in the best of times.

2 Likes