Home | About | Donate

Trump Administration Rushes to Auction Off Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Drilling Rights Before Biden Inauguration

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/16/trump-administration-rushes-auction-arctic-national-wildlife-refuge-drilling-rights

2 Likes

It would certainly be fun if some oil destroying land and water machines showed up at Mar-A-Largo. Is there a wise ass somewhere in America who could"Accidentally, " send the drillers there?

11 Likes

“Any company thinking about participating in this corrupt process should know that they will have to answer to the Gwich’in people and the millions of Americans who stand with us. We have been protecting this place forever.”
—Bernadette Demientieff, Gwich’in Steering Committee

Bernadette Demienteff, is one of my spouses relatives, her Mothers maiden name was Demienteff. And like she says: " unless the fossil fuels become fossils again, the whole earth is facing a climate apocalypse",

11 Likes

That son of a bitch.

7 Likes

OMG and Trump asks the oilers, “which areas they would like to drill?”
Trump truly deserves to fall out of a helicopter when he’s taking the oilers for a look around.

5 Likes

There are principles in contract law as I remember from a University class I took.

The exact details escape me, but this is not a legal contract.

Perhaps a lawyer can weigh in here ~

2 Likes

I presume the banks have wised up to the lessening demand for fossil fuels as renewable energy is becoming more and more available and less and less expensive. The costly prospect of any development in the Arctic being held up
by endless expensive lawsuits also lessens the cause for alarm — hopefully it’s just another case of Tweetle-Dumb throwing his toys around before being confined to his crib with a bottle of warm milk and some fries.

5 Likes

Her statement is the motto and practice of Earth First! and direct action Earth protectors.
At some point, those who love the biosphere Earth will have to stop those who aim to destroy it.
Read Pulitzer prize “The Overstory” as an example. The ultimate human civil war between those who love the biosphere and its living species, and those who seek to kill. The battle cry earth defenders scream, “Defeat those who rape mother earth.”
Portland’s defeated challenger to Mayor Ted Wheeler, Sarah Iannarone is NOT DONE.
She is a national treasure now. Ted will go to court and face criminal charges. Booyah!

3 Likes

“Trump Administration”? Trump is the true face of the Republican Party.

3 Likes

Sociopathic son of a bitch.
Ding Dong, the Donald is done.
Ding Dong, the evil bastard Donald is done.
Hi ho that monstrous ass face pig will go.
Ding Dong, the evil bastard Donald is done.
Let the munchkins sing.

4 Likes

Hi Ho, The SOB is dead, The SOB is…!
Ha Ha Ha, Ho Ho Ho! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Hair Hitler’s DONE!

We can join with the natives and other nature lovers to protect The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from oil, gas drilling and any other human mining/industrial or any other “development” activity forever. I m willing to travel there to join hands with the locals and people of conscience to stand for mother nature. This is the main reason i feared this son of a bitch yellow headed monster and voted against him the very next day i received my mail-in ballots. And that tortes McConnell who keeps shoving unqualified fascist judges through should be aboard that “helicopter” someone mentioned with trump and oil execs all together.

3 Likes

Never was anything undone about him anyway, except maybe his mind. Look at the freak show. Orange goo smeared on his face, plastic wig glued to his scalp. Totally lost. A slouching sunken failure. This was always apparent. A reflection of utter despair. An embarrassing moment that makes people grimace a bit when they remember it.

2 Likes

And all those M.F. vultures who think like him, what a damn monster child man. Our nation’s worst enemy and a criminal nature destroyer. I hope people rise up against this ass hole and the fucking oil and gas corporations he represented for the last 4 years. What do the Koch brothers breathe i wonder, do they have oxygen generators on their mansions too. Do they go out to the wilderness to get lost, camp, enjoy the fresh air and the scenery, the wildlife. I guess not their wildest travels are to the golf courses and posh resort hotels. I wish we could strip the wealthy to the bone of all their wickedly acquired money and property. And if we had the system we used to have until Reagan fucked it all up these rats would be facing anti trust breakup laws and paid fair taxes

3 Likes

But do you think the evangelicals respect nature or even try to recycle anything bough at wal-mart?

1 Like

I love parts of the new testament whist knowing that Jesus if he existed didn’t even write a single word of the Bible. In fact the Bible wasn’t around for some 400 years after his death. And the Bible was controlled by the Romans until Martin Luther brought it down to us commoners. So how much of the contents are actually manipulated or outright written by the Vatican? Humans need no religion, we can do fine without any religious commandments. Evil hurts and good feels soothing to the body and sole just natural law. Oh and can’t forget to mention that the old Testament is solid waste poison trash disgusting shameful mention of how low humanity can go. No wonder Jesus split from the fundamentalist Jewsishness.

1 Like

Yes there is.

Trump is leaving a scorched earth behind him. It is the same response a spoiled kid makes who takes his ball and goes home when he loses. Petulant little shit.

Maybe someone at BLM or Interior will slow-walk the paperwork.

Alaska is already facing climate heating scenarios:

~https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/oct/18/alaska-climate-change-tsunamis-melting-permafrost

The vatican holds the most authentic writings of ancient times: the dead sea scrolls.

Biden should immediately tell the bidders that he will cancel this outrageous stunt upon taking office. Then no company will bother to bid, and pour money into a soon to be prohibited action.
C’mon Joe, time to step up!

3 Likes