Home | About | Donate

Trump and Hitler: A Juxtaposition

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/29/trump-and-hitler-juxtaposition

1 Like

“Like Trump, Hitler liked long speeches. His July 28, 1922 speech was approximately 6,140 words in length and would have taken over an hour for Hitler to deliver. Trump’s speech at his June 26 rally in Orlando lasted more than an hour.”

Lincoln’s 19 November 1863 Gettysburg Address:
272 words, taking less than two minutes to articulate

3 Likes

Well, it has been stated that trump has copies, or reference to all of hitlers speeches, which if true,
probably, it studies, and apes hitlers hateful rhetoric! seems like trump-thing is an avid fan of der fuehrer! that is becoming more obvious by the day.

3 Likes

Well, don’t forget all those Christians who want Jerusalem to fall so that Jesus will come back, and fight his 1000 year war with Satan------sigh ----and there they are: Trump, Pompeo Bolton, and Pence--------------
And actually I would add Netanyahu to the Trump + American 3 too. : 0

2 Likes

"It is a sad day for our country when comparisons between the leader of Nazi Germany, and the president of the United States, are apt. It is an even sadder day when no one seems to notice."
*I noticed. I saw it coming when the Supremes appointed Bush as “President,” and I wrote about it. Then came Bush’s Concentration Camps and I wrote about that as well. Others were beginning to see what was happening as well. We wrote on fascism and its evils. We tracked what was going on. We made comparisons. The MSM told us we should make aluminium helmets and shut up. When we protested, Cheney/Bush removed us to fenced in areas far from the protests. Those were our “free speech zones.” Soon, protesters were “kettled” and jailed by the police. Protest is getting closer to being labeled as “treason,” and the camps are growing. In this nation, people are now facing huge fines and 20 years in prison for the treasonous act of giving food, water and blankets to people dying of hunger, thirst and heat in the deserts of the new Reich.
*As time went on, Obama appeared upon the scene as a breath of fresh air. He promised to turn this Nazism and fascism around, close Guantanamo, reduce our huge prison population, fix health care, etc. Once elected, he put the same old party hacks that had served Cheney/Bush back in charge and continued the move toward a fascist nation. The "D" sock puppets continued to follow the orders of their billionaire masters as did the "R" and we continued our plunge. Those of us who protested were ignored or imprisoned. We watched the protesters at Standing Rock savaged by dogs, soaked by fire hoses in sub freezing weather, and finally the government said the indigenous people had no rights over their sacred burial grounds and the oil company masters were allowed to proceed.
*We couldn’t see how it could get much worse, then we got trump, the new fuehrer, and torture, and judicial murder, and more concentration camps, more restrictions on what We the People can do. I see We the People finally awakening, but I’ve also watched this Nazi government preparing to “deal” with protests or revolution in ways similar to trump’s idol, Adolph. I’ve watched our allies dwindle to primarily the two most vicious, totalitarian governments on the planet, Israel and Saudi Arabia, whom we give billions to in weapons and cash every year and promote the destruction of countries and peoples they don’t like.
*We watch our “government,” the two sock puppets, get billion$ of dollars to do what the Oligarchy wants. We watch the handful of young politicians fighting their way through the roadblocks set up by the "D"/"R" sock puppets.
*I would like to see our new politicians turn their backs on our criminal government and join and represent the Greens. The support that would bring might be able to get rid of our Nazi government without a war, this time. I think most of We the People are realizing what is happening, with climate degradation being accepted by the Oligarchy as necessary for maximum profits, for children to die of diseases and hunger and GM foods that induce this, just to put another thirty pieces of silver in their bloated safes.
*If these young politicians who believe in what this nation once stood for would take the lead in recreating our Constitutional Republic, we might find ourselves with a nation "of the People, by the People and for the People, which Lincoln prayed “would not perish from the earth.” It will take a lot of hard work and sacrifice to achieve it, but it will be well worth it.
*The alternative is beyond ghastly for our children, grandchildren,and on, not to mention the fact that our home, our Mother, Earth, is dying the death of a thousand cuts by the greedy masters of profit and control that currently run this nation and much of the world. They must GO!
;-})

6 Likes

Hitler got away with it, in part, because he has so many supporters who shared his bigoted sentiments.

Let’s not forget this part of the comparison as well. There are plenty who support Trump in this, and plenty of Dems who, though they say that Trump is horrible, would seem confused at this article and respond with something like:

“Yeah, but it’s different now because Muslims ARE bad people.”

2 Likes

And the Amerikan Fascists love demonizing protestors as treasonous and American traitors, when they are really American patriots!

3 Likes

Time for the shouting match to begin. “You are a traitor to country and constitution.” “No, you are.” “No you are.” Repeat.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I honestly believe Hitler’s hatred for the Jews was a lot more sincere than Trump’s avowed hatred for Muslims. Trump would be happy to hate ethnic group which gives him a dedicated base that doesn’t care who he’s raped over the years. In this benighted sense of the word, Hitler had higher standards.

3 Likes

Amerika now has reaped what has been going on since the Fascists took over our country on 11/22/63 and never held accountable because of the whitewash of the Warren omissions.

8 Likes

Trump is also acting in a well-grounded USAmerican tradition, that of his favorite Andrew Jackson, the fellow on your $20 bill, the slave-drover and Indian killer. Talk about your confederate memorials! Jackson is the only president to have personally driven a coffle of slaves.* Indian killers under Jackson’s command used the stripped, tanned hide of slain Indians for reins. And there’s no way you’re going to see his devilish countenance replaced with that of a USAmerican modeling compassion and courage, like Ms Tubman.

But seriously, Hitler? Trump is hell-bent on sealing off the global greenhouse gas chamber, with certain lethal consequences stretching far beyond the human temporal imagination. A crime like that makes Hitler look like Little Lord Fauntleroy.

• Regarding the slave-coffle:

I will show you a man-drover. They inhabit all our Southern States. They perambulate the country, and crowd the highways of the nation, with droves of human stock. You will see one of these human flesh jobbers, armed with pistol, whip, and bowie-knife, driving a company of a hundred men, women, and children, from the Potomac to the slave market at New Orleans.

–Frederick Douglass

3 Likes

Even before Trump America had a much longer list of victims, atrocities and war crimes than nazi Germany. In fact America was rivaling them before it was even a fully formed nation.
When Trump took office, America essentially already was what Hitler had been trying to create.
If not for Trump the average American would probably still be blissfully unaware of this, most still appear to be.
All he really did was bring some of America’s “democracy” inside its own borders for all to see.
He is doing nothing that America has not routinely been doing since ww2, it was just being done “over there”.

2 Likes

And, of course, Hitler is reputed to have gotten the idea of his concentration camps from the US corralling of the indigenous peoples in “reservations”. Comparing Trump to Jackson as the 21C Jacksonian bigot might be more apt.

1 Like

The thing about Jackson that is eerily similar to Trump is that their appeal to “white trash” and their class resentment toward the rich manifesting as a demand for “democracy” for this same group at the exclusion of people of color and women…

4 Likes

It is only occasionally mentioned here, but when Hitler was beginning his ascension, Henry Ford was shipping trucks and other rolling stock to Nazi Germany. So were several other war manufacturers. Then, when grandpa Bush got arrested for handling Nazi finances on the local stock markets and banking cartels, Ford authorized I. G. Farben, by license, to build them in Germany, with Ford help. One of our big chemical firms, Bayer, as a subsidiary of I.G. Farben supplied ZyclonB to Germany for the camp “showers,” While IBM helped set up the German census to be able to identify people by race and nationality. This information was then transferred to IBM punch cards identifying these people to be put in concentration camps and extermination camps.
I could put page after page in this comment, but instead, I’ll include two or three links that will allow you to do some investigation on your own.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=usUXXcb3BMfe0gLf4KyIBg&q=American+Companies+dealing+with+Nazi+Germany+to+supply+and+finance+the+regime.&oq=American+Companies+dealing+with+Nazi+Germany+to+supply+and+finance+the+regime.&gs_l=psy-ab.3...7089.47762..48354...0.0..0.192.6213.64j15…0…1…gws-wiz…0…0i131j0j33i22i29i30j33i160j33i299j33i10.5getJEwx3n0

If you have time to look through this material, look in the mirror. Most of the companies listed in these pages (and many more) are still in operation, got a mild slap on the wrist after the war and continued their trade. Fritz ter Meer, who directed operations at the IG Farben plant at Auschwitz, became the president of Bayer after the war.
Bayer did eventually apologize for their role in the Holocaust — in 1995.

;-})

3 Likes

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. The author gives Dump way to much credit. Hitler was less contemptible than Dump. Dump displays utter fealty to Saudi Arabia and it’s contempt for human rights. Not to mention it’s murderous crown prince. Dump uses Islamophobia simply as sales technique to pass the con on his troglodyte base. We have concentration camps now, and there is not a doubt in my mind that Dump would kill twice as many as Hitler and sleep like a baby if given the chance. HE’S JUST THAT SICK. Why any of this is tolerated for one more day is testament to the malignancy of the US dystopia.

2 Likes

People notice, but certainly not enough of them to make a difference. They’d really notice if they had to give up their smartphones, though.

1 Like

Add to that, Volkswagen. The company that made its name after being commissioned by Hitler to create a “people’s car” (designed by Ferdinand Porsche [yes, that one]). During WWII, VW had a “child care” program (“Kinderheim”) for some of their workers, many of whom at that time were in effect slaves.
“The Nation” magazine ran a story on this 2-3 years ago. It speaks to the power of wealth and greed (and collective amorality) that this company was not permanently shuttered after the Nazis were defeated.

1 Like

Muslims continue to get blamed for 911, when it was almost entirely Saudis that were named as responsible.

1 Like

Hi Shantiananda;
It’s way worse as Julian Assange has the UK, Sweden, and the U.S. trying to murder him for publishing the Truth about America and friends. Has anyone heard anything about Julian Assange —or has America had him killed already? : (