Home | About | Donate

Trump and the Neocons Are Exploiting an Iran Protest Movement They Know Nothing About

Trump and the Neocons Are Exploiting an Iran Protest Movement They Know Nothing About

John Feffer

Iranians are protesting conditions worsened by U.S. policies, but Washington’s hawks see only an opportunity for regime change.

A burned Basiji motorbike in Iran, 2009 (Photo: Hamed Saber / Flickr)

Excellent analysis, Mr. Feffer. There is so very much that Trump and the Neocons “know nothing about”, or really care about, except for using anything that happens, even if they help it happen, as an opportunity for “regime change”.

I wish we could get some “regime change” right here!

1. Identify a country for regime change
  2. Foment dissent
  3. Use dissent as an excuse to remove leader or invade.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Iraq, Libya, Ukraine, Venezuela, Syria. The list is endless.

What I don’t get is why they bother with #2 as a PR ploy? It’s not like anybody in this country is paying attention.

If Brzezinski’s [1997] The Grand Chessboard is available in coloring book form, perhaps Mr. Trump could learn a few things about what TPTB have planned.

I don’t understand this article. The gini coefficient measures inequality and when it is zero that is least inequality. The author is claiming Iran is most unequal when I see it is the US that is the most unequal

U.S.A. — 80.56
Sweden — 79.90
U.K. — 75.72
Indonesia — 73.61
Austria — 73.59
Germany — 73.34
Colombia — 73.18
Chile — 73.17
Brazil — 72.86
Mexico — 70.00

Iran — 37.35 (in 2013)
Philippines — 43 (2012)

So why does the author claim high inequality is a problem in Iran when rich people are a far bigger problem among us?

“Iranian society is sharply divided between haves and have-nots, its rate of economic inequality comparable to that of the Philippines. The current unrest reflects the thwarted economic ambitions of a falling working class, not the thwarted political ambitions of a rising middle class.”

Orwellian doublespeak. Tom!

Let me take it out of Orwellian doublespeak for you Tom: The policy of the world should be regime change in the U.S. I don’t see how anyone the world, can be safe as long you have in power the #1 terrorist nation in the world!

Tom Cotton, like grampy McCain, wanted regime change in Syria and Iraq, too.

How’d that go?