Home | About | Donate

Trump as Unifier: Are Hillary Clinton and Neoconservatives Ready to Join Forces?

Trump as Unifier: Are Hillary Clinton and Neoconservatives Ready to Join Forces?

Jon Queally, staff writer

As Donald Trump is declared the presumptive Republican nominee for president, members of the neoconservative establishment, disgusted by the prospect of Trump in the White House, appear to be heading into the welcoming arms of someone more sympathetic to their imperial worldview: Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton.

Steve Schmidt, a prominent Republican strategist and former senior aide to Sen. John McCain, is just one of several political insiders to have made the case over the last couple days – and he has done so repeatedly while speaking as a contributor for MSNBC.

Warmongering Goldwater girl secures the backing of belligerent Republican warmongers.

This is only surprising to people who don't recognize the uniformity of establishment discipline across both right wings of the Property Party that runs the United Police States.

It's becoming clear that the deep state has essentially discarded the Republican Party, and believes the hoi polloi can be more or less indefinitely bamboozled by a thin gruel of identity politics while they play their imperial great games in Washington D.C.

Hillary Clinton is a clear and present danger to world peace. If she becomes president we are facing a global bloodbath.

What a stupid headline, they joined forces a long time ago!

Not until after the vacation with the Kissingers and Blankfeins.

This is no surprise. Trump has been vocal against neocon policies and would like exclude them from power if elected. Clinton, on the other hand, has generally supported their agenda and could possibly hire them if elected.

perhaps she will appoint Dick Channey as her sec. of war {old term} but appropriate.

I don't recall the exact verbiage, but when the 2nd wave Feminist Movement got underway, it was often noted that a woman had to do a job better than a man to occupy it; and even then, she'd be apt to be valued and paid less.

So this is Hillary's version. Drawn to power, she identifies with the MIC because that, and the corporations bound up with it, are where the power is.

In Mythology, the Goddess Athena denies that she was born of a mother. Instead, she asserts that she emerged whole from the head of her father, Zeus, the main honcho (or CEO) of Olympus.

This is the archetype of the female who denies her Feminine origins and instead identifies with patriarchy and what's important to it. In this era of unending wars and half the U.S. budget dedicated to the military, it's obvious that the martial entities hold enormous power and importance. Hence this:

"Unlike other recent presidents — Obama, George W. Bush or her husband, Bill Clinton — Hillary Clinton would assume the office with a long record on national security. There are many ways to examine that record, but one of the most revealing is to explore her decades-long cultivation of the military — not just civilian leaders like Gates, but also its high-ranking commanders, the men with the medals. Her affinity for the armed forces is rooted in a lifelong belief that the calculated use of military power is vital to defending national interests, that American intervention does more good than harm and that the writ of the United States properly reaches, as Bush once put it, into “any dark corner of the world.” Unexpectedly, in the bombastic, testosterone-fueled presidential election of 2016, Hillary Clinton is the last true hawk left in the race."

While there are many other feminine archetypes, those women who do rise up the ranks within militaristic societies (Margaret Thatcher, Condi Rice, Susan Rice, Samantha Powers, Madeleine Albright, and of course, Hillary) are card-carrying Athena replicas.

Yeah, I was going to say, I thought Hillary was a neocon.

The way some people rail against the perceived dangers of Trump is the way I feel about the proven dangers represented and served by Hillary Clinton!
Its no mistake who she allies herself with and who supports her.
Her record of depraved actions show what she would do and who she will serve into the future if selected, and she must be fought tooth and nail!

Hillary the hawk.

A David Brock Hillary support effort is Correct The Record

ABOUT

Correct The Record is a strategic research and rapid response team designed to defend Hillary Clinton from baseless attacks.

There is a page there entitled "Praise for Hillary Clinton"

Here are the categories

PRAISE FROM:

REPUBLICANS
DEMOCRATS
FOREIGN LEADERS
FAMOUS PEOPLE
PRESS
EXPERTS
BUSINESS LEADERS

The first category, Republicans, mostly consists of praise from Henry F**king Kissinger which shows that her support effort is proud of the neoconservative support.

Praise for Hillary Clinton

Sec. Kissinger, on Sec. Clinton: “I’ve known her for many years now, and I respect her intellect.” According to USA Today, “Nearly 40 years since he left appointed office, Kissinger still can provoke controversy. Hillary Rodham Clinton, another former secretary of State, wrote a favorable review of his new book in Sunday’s Washington Post. ‘The World According to Henry Kissinger,’ it was titled, and an enormous photo of Kissinger’s face filled most of the page. ‘I’ve known her for many years now, and I respect her intellect,’ he says of Clinton. ‘And she ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.’ More effectively than he did? ‘Yes,’ he says with a smile. ‘I was more chaotic.’” [USA Today, 9/9/14]

Sec. Kissinger, on Sec. Clinton: “She ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.” According to USA Today, “Nearly 40 years since he left appointed office, Kissinger still can provoke controversy. Hillary Rodham Clinton, another former secretary of State, wrote a favorable review of his new book in Sunday’s Washington Post. ‘The World According to Henry Kissinger,’ it was titled, and an enormous photo of Kissinger’s face filled most of the page. ‘I’ve known her for many years now, and I respect her intellect,’ he says of Clinton. ‘And she ran the State Department in the most effective way that I’ve ever seen.’ More effectively than he did? ‘Yes,’ he says with a smile. ‘I was more chaotic.’” [USA Today, 9/9/14]

Following along the Kissinger path, an excellent book by Greg Grandlin "Kissinger's Shadow" lays out his war crimes and how he and Nixon extended wars in order for Nixon to win the election.

Grandlin wrote an article recently about Hillary's foreign policy and military connections to Latin America

A Voter’s Guide to Hillary Clinton’s Policies in Latin America Support for coup regimes, militarization and privatization, trade deals that wreak economic havoc—they reveal the failure of Clintonism.

Excellent summary of a neglected topic

Trumps' contradictory statements on foreign policy white reading from a teleprompter should scare anyone away from him, that is anyone who wasn't scared by his statement of not taking nuclear weapons off the table in Europe, talking about South Korea and Japan becoming nuclear powers, and his failed attempt last year not even to recognize the name of any leader mentioned of groups in the Middle East such as ISIS and Hezbolah. Trump is just plain dangerous in a way that doesn't need details, Perhaps scarier than Goldwater. Clinton obviously knows the players when it comes to foreign policy and has been on the forefront of efforts to avoid armed conflict, probably most notably getting the countries together for the Iran negotiations and she appears to have played a role in convincing Israel not to attack Iran. I don't agree with the no-fly zone. Of course it would be a positive development for Syria to have a safe area for residents but too many risks seem to be involved. Like Bernie Sanders she voted for intervention in Afghanistan. And like Bernie Sanders I believe she was in favor of bombing Serbia. And like Bernie Sanders she voted to fund the Iraq war. And also like Bernie she favors continuing to use drones to attack jihadists and to continue bombing is Syria. There appears to a confusing difference in the Syria policy between Clinton and Sanders in that Sanders wants to defeat ISIS first and then get Assad removed through negotiations while Clinton says these goals need to be achieved in parallel. Neither Clinton nor Sanders have specified any plans about what to do about the US troops in Afghanistan. There certainly has not been a recent presidential contest between a candidate who is an expert on foreign policy and one who knows virtually nothing. Trump's America First foreign certainly should worry anyone who knows anything about foreign policy. Leaders around are extremely concerned about what American First would mean for them. I doubt that the real estate developer buffoon knows what it means himself. He did not know where the term originated but it probably sounded good to him so he threw it out there.

The name is Dick Cheney.

Did Queally need to include the quote,"It set her apart from her rival-turned-boss, Barack Obama, who avoided military entanglements and tried to reconcile Americans to a world in which the United States was no longer the undisputed hegemon"?

We already know that in many ways she is an American Margaret Thatcher.

The ultra-Zionist item is a PART of the package. You and a few others here make it the ONLY item. That's dysfunctional, dishonest, and disingenuous.

What about:

1. The gigantic media consortium?
  2. The Big Banks that control global finance
  3. The war profiteers and weapons' producers
  4. The 4 and 5 star generals who push war to further their own careers
  5. The giant retail operations
  6. Big Pharma
  7. Big Agri... and corporations like Monsanto

In fact, here's a good link for YOU:

You seem to only notice the "Jewish problem" and I find that highly prejudicial and problematic.

Not all the power brokers on this list comport with Israel or Zionism.

Interesting that the name Erroll, which later was Alligatorhardt, and a 3rd name which at the moment escapes me disappear; and then here's your new screen name pushing the SAME Meme.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Already have. Hillary and her Neoliberals are the empire's financial waterboarders and Trump and the neocons are the empire's fist , together they are an unbeatable Empire.

All of the parts of the Hillary package you list are very accurate Siouxrose.

I can only suppose some people want to bring her servitude to Zionist terrorism, ethnic cleansing, war crimes and warmongering - not to mention their overt subversion of US politics and foreign policy - to the fore, because much of their influence is cloaked and hidden by a subservient US press/media from the people - as are many of the other connections. I believe any that focus on the Israeli aspect of her threats are not ignoring the others, only that the ME and its resident warmonger state is a threat to all people.....everywhere.

All of Hillary's supporters are crawling out of the woodwork to aid her accession to the throne and all will expect a quid pro quo that equates to extreme dangers, more corporate greed and banker usury, and war for us all!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well people often do call it a duopoly. It appears that the duopoly is pulling back the curtain themselves. The oligarchy obviously sees little point in maintaining the mostly fictional divisions of Dems and Repubs and is now discarding it in favor of the more accurate separation between the oligarchate and the little people. The rulers and the workers. The 1% and the 99%? Let's be generous and call it 5% and the rest of us.

What duopoly? Something old is new again. The feudalism in our future?