Home | About | Donate

Trump Blames Iran for the Tanker Attacks. But Let's be Skeptical of his Administration's Pro-War Bluster

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/06/14/trump-blames-iran-tanker-attacks-lets-be-skeptical-his-administrations-pro-war

3 Likes

DONALD J. TRUMP is America’s wealthiest Bible Scholar currently working in the White House.
“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” is copyright JESUS.

“skeptical” is too weak a word for the Trump administration’s claim. I simply don’t believe them. The Trump regime is a nest of liars and some warmongers, and Saudi Arabia, Israel, both sides in Yemen, arms merchants, and even rogue elements of spy services all have far more motivation to cause this trouble than Iran.
After the “weapons of mass destruction” and “Gulf of Tonkin” and “Remember the Maine” and even the “Boston Massacre” I’m told, we’ve been fooled by so many phony stories to get us riled up, but we never seem to learn.
The question I do have is how can yet another a stupid war be best resisted and averted?

4 Likes

11,000 lies in 2 years.

What’s one more to a liar like him?

3 Likes

I looked at the CNN video and didn’t see a time or date stamp…so how do we know when this occurred? And since Trump et al have been threatening Iran for a long time—why would Iran do this? And too, as many have said----why would Iran go out of its way to cause problems—as America and this administration seek to make opinion into truth?
And why would Iran attack a Japanese tanker when it does business with Japan It seems like as Iran is having business cut off by America and its gangs, so why would Iran attack a ship of a country that is doing business with them?? I guess since no one can show when this occurred or why—like where is the proof, America----because so many citizens don’t believe a single thing that this current administration has said. And a lot more people are doubting a lot of what major media comes up with anyway.
And too, since a lot more people are saying that CONGRESS is the one to declare any and all wars, I am wondering if Trump et al are trying to make it impossible for America not to go to war by filling the airwaves and print media with their own self serving lies. If enough Americans believe this crap, then will public opinion force the wimps in Congress to declare war–AND is this all a major distraction away from Congress and Mueller?

2 Likes

Very good analysis and commentary from Trita Parsi as far as it goes, focusing primarily on Iranian actions and not other potential state perpetrator or interests. I understand the reasoning for not pointing fingers at this point as the trump regime has done repeatedly and others should have been as well reserved placing blame absent any definitive actual evidence.

There are many potential motives for other state players and adversaries of Iran, and people in positions of power who would welcome, and have threatened and fomented war against Iran…none of whom would actually be in harms way, as usual.

The US has already “attacked” Iran in more than a few ways, and done great harm to Iran and world peace vis a vis the nuclear “deal” trump reneged-on, unilaterally “pulled-out” of. Its a wonder any nation would enter into any dialogue, “negotiate” or sign any deal when their longevity is subject to the whims of mental (Brit sense) extremist warmongers as trump and bolton.

The evidence is clear for enemies of Iran having actually waged economic war against Iran, and there is always the Arab - Persian and Sunni - Shia divide, not to mention the most malignant players and the already existing wars, war-crimes, atrocities that are being committed before our eyes, none by Iran in a belligerent, first aggressor role - that is the province of the Saudis, the US and Israel., also as usual.

4 Likes

Congress has to get as tough as it can to prevent war. That likely won’t be enough, but it could stall trump long enough to save some lives.
Trump you POS incarnation of A. Shitler.

1 Like

These claims do not pass the smell test.

3 Likes

Is Bernie the only Democratic candidate speaking out against this accusation?

2 Likes

Thank you, Israel. Yes, the US would love to go fight and die for you and the banksters who embrace you and spend more money and die and expand your greatness and die and die and die.

A informed and well written article. With Iran in the US gunsights more and more each day, and taking Trita Parsi’s bio into account, the readers of CD would benefit from more of his analysis on the US/Iran saga in the future.

2 Likes

An Iranian Activist Wrote Dozens of Articles for Right-Wing Outlets. But Is He a Real Person?

“Heshmat Alavi is a persona run by a team of people from the political wing of the MEK,” said Hassan Heyrani, a high-ranking defector from the MEK who said he had direct knowledge of the operation. “They write whatever they are directed by their commanders and use this name to place articles in the press. This is not and has never been a real person.”

1 Like

Good article. The axis of evil has made up it’s mind to attack Iran either with a false flag or any other excuse they can use and I would sincerely hope I am wrong, but no doubt that it is not if…but when Trump, Pompeo and Bolton attack Iran.