Home | About | Donate

Trump Comes Clean (Finally)

Trump Comes Clean (Finally)

In a startling blast of decency, honesty and remorse, a tearful Trump today offered a litany of his towering crimes - his cruel abuse of migrant children, countless lies, collusion with Russia, blood-soaked foreign policy, endless corruption, sowing of hate and division, and attacks on every institutional foundation of our democracy. “I have put a cloud over this presidency and disgraced this great country, for which I will feel ashamed for the rest of my life,” he said, before resigning immediately.

0 Likes

If only…

3 Likes

There isn’t enough detergent in the world to make that batard come clean.
Something much stronger is needed.
;-})

5 Likes

Bleach, gallons of it.

2 Likes

I stand with Piglet on this one.

7 Likes

It’s a pretty pathetic situation when you don’t even finish the first paragraph when you know it’s April fools. Sigh.

5 Likes

My heart was tuning up, blood pressure warmed, eyes widened… interesting and painfully ironic to have such a gratuitous experience of anticipation of such a deeply desired reality. Piglet is right.

And to Abby - the picture of the little girl asleep on her dad’s shoulders, both hands on his head … that is an unspoken beauty that reflects the reality that my own body was reaching toward, by simply reading a set of words with a particular meaning.

Being reminded of these is a gift, Abby, thank you.

5 Likes

Congratulations! to Abby Zimet for

1. Making it clear where she stood (as a fool) all along with Common Dreams (and every outlet or actor associated) regarding the entire Russiagate/McCarthyite PsyOp. (Is that funny?)

2. Regarding this April Fools quote, “I have lied again and again to the American people – about voting irregularities in the 2016 election, about the motives of my Democratic critics in Congress, and, yes, about my knowledge of and agreement to Putin’s role in helping me become president.”, she relegated, in the least, the following to a simple, justifiable, Joke:

NBC News, to Claim Russia Supports Tulsi Gabbard, Relies on Firm
Just Caught Fabricating Russia Data for the Democratic Party

“But the whole story was a sham: the only ‘experts’ cited by NBC in support of its key claim was New Knowledge – who got caught fabricating Russian troll accounts on behalf of the Democratic Party.” “[They] boasted of its fabrications: ‘We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation."

Is any of this funny? To Abby Zimet it is.

Maybe she should join this club also:
[Actors] Committee to Investigate Russia: “We Are At War”

Am I just kidding?

2 Likes

For just a moment I thought I was te only one who realized this whole thing was a practical joke on the part of Abby Zimet. Nice to see some humor instead of name calling from Ms. Zimet!

1 Like

P.S. For more humor on this special day, I invite Abby Zimet to watch/listen:
Murrow on McCarthy, No Fear, 1954

0 Likes

Trump was not absolved. Let’s get the full report then we’ll talk but obstruction of justice seems likely. Mueller said:

“While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him,”

I am not surprised that you act as if he was absolved because the opposite would likely mean impeachment but your inability to stick to the fact, as Trump himself is completely unable to, speaks volume and no, it isn’t funny; it is deadly for the nation and the world.

2 Likes

Trump? I know him as Hair Hitler, The Flaming Orange Satan.

2 Likes

Narrowly edged out by Caitlyn Johnston’s 4/1 post, but pretty good.

0 Likes

About two sentences in, I had my suspicions this was a April Fool prank article.
Scrolled down… yup… no such luck that it was real.

The bit about celebrating Nixon’s inauguration was funny. rump and many of his type of rightwingers are busy shutting down some of Nixon’s accomplishments such as the EPA. IMO, Nixon would be considered a liberal by today’s standards.

2 Likes

Perhaps waterboarding? Hey, its even legal to do!

2 Likes

That sweet little girl with her father. I hope she makes it …my heart goes out to her and her family.

2 Likes

Sorry but sociopaths don’t really have that capacity…but then he lies about everything so this might be expected.

1 Like

The joke here is that the author persists ion asserting that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election and that there was ‘collusion’ between trump and the Kremlin.
This is utter nonsense and dangerous, warmongering nonsense at that.
Or does Ms Zimmer have a shred of evidence that there was any collusion and that the Russian state interfered in the election?
If she does she should forward it to Congress and publish it here. It would be worth a fortune.
I’m not holding my breath: there appears to be no limit to the misrepresentations and falsehoods tolerated when their sources are in the Democratic Leadership Council or the secret services of the State. Time was when such sources were understood to be tainted and unreliable-now the lineal descendants of the civil rights activists, trade unionists and progressives who suffered under Cointelpro, the FBI and CIA owned media sources are cozying up to the same dark forces that, inter alia, reduced the Republic to the humiliation of asking voters to choose between a war criminal-Hillary Clinton- with questionable financial ties- and a grifter who had starred on a TV Show while his opponent was jeering at the anal rape and dismemberment of Ghaddafi.

0 Likes

i’m hoping to see donnie do bennidict arnold’s last dance. i can sing along as he does the jerk.

1 Like

IMHO, there is no question that Russia interfered in the 2016 election in order to put their “Useful Idiot” in the White House.  He’s such a dumb shit – and so easily swayed by flattery – that they recognized more than a decade ago how easy it would be to get him to do almost anything they wanted.  You really think Mnuchin’s easing of sanctions a few weeks ago was a coincidence?  Now as to whether Tweetle-Dumb himself, or “only” his sons and son-in-law helped the Russkies target their propaganda, that’s another question entirely.

I agree with you 100% that Shilliary Clinton is a War Criminal, as are a long list of thugs let off the hook in 2009 by Chicken-Shit O’Bummer and his henchperson Nancy P’Loser.

BTW, what’s YOUR motivation for the above post, Mr. Troll??

0 Likes