Home | About | Donate

Trump COVID-19 Executive Actions Woefully Inadequate, Legally Dangerous

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/09/trump-covid-19-executive-actions-woefully-inadequate-legally-dangerous

Nice to know Congress has something to do. I was starting to think they could just stay home.

Pretty good overview of the situation we find our selves in. I don’t think most in congress get it, after reading a story about the problems in Beirut, it dawned on me we have a lot in common with the people there. Not for the same reasons, but the pain is similar. Here’s a couple of quotes out of the story, those in DC should heed it well, if they don’t, and fail to protect the citizens they are supposed to serve, they will pay the price.

Beirut protester Eddie Gabriel:
“I lost my house, my car, my job, I lost friends.”

"There’s nothing to be afraid of. Everything is gone."

Failing to provide economic relief to the people, could result in lampposts doing double duty in DC, and as much as those in power want to believe it, there’s no amount of police that could stop it.

(h)ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/after-beirut-explosion-protests-erupt-as lebanon-s-anger-boils-over/ar-BB17jois?ocid=msedgdhp

2 Likes

The CDC now reports 200000 excess deaths since COVID started. This suggests an under count of 50000.

2 Likes

Legality holds no sway in chaos. Their’s is the Kingdom of Chaos.

1 Like

“The time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.”

The streets were full of blood in 2009-10 when the hedge funds bought up hundreds of thousands of foreclosed homes for pennies on the dollar and converted them to rentals…and immediately began to sell tranches of those rentals as derivatives.
SSDD.

2 Likes

LOL Trump just sank his own reelection chances by gifting Moscow Mitch with plausible deniability.

1 Like