Home | About | Donate

'Trump Death Clock' Unveiled to Spur Accountability for President's Fatal Covid-19 Failures

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/06/trump-death-clock-unveiled-spur-accountability-presidents-fatal-covid-19-failures

2 Likes

During the televised appearance, Trump said that “there’ll be more death.”

The Fascist, Mafia Don did not finish his insouciant and facile statement with: BUT THE DEATHS ARE NOT IMPORTANT BECAUSE TO ME, IT IS THE ECONOMY THAT IS IMPORTANT!

4 Likes

What took so long? Given Orange Anus’ performance thus far, this debacle was all too likely at the end of February.

1 Like

Necropolitics is the use of social and political power (~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_(social_and_political)) to dictate how some people may live and how some must die.

Keep in mind that life is actually an entire spectrum of elements. I raise this because of the jaw dropping practices of the WH press secretaries. What concepts are made to die; what connections are made to die; whose integrity is to be destroyed… think about Kelly Conway as well as Congressional entities whose practices defy the rule of law by manipulating language. The descripton introduced below seems to describe a previously unrecognized straight jacket, preferably in a holding cell for aiding and abetting genocidal planning.

Drawn from Wikipedia:

Achille Mbembe, author of On the Postcolony (~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Postcolony), was the first scholar to explore the term in depth in his article of the same name.
Necropolitics is often discussed with biopower, [the concept introduced by Foucaut and a term for] the use of social and political power to control people’s lives.

Mbembe was clear that necropolitics is more than a right to kill (Foucault’s droit de glaive ), but also the right to expose other people (including a country’s own citizens) to death. His view of necropolitics also included the right to impose social or civil death, the right to enslave others, and other forms of political violence. Necropolitics is a theory of the walking dead, namely a way of analysing how “contemporary forms of subjugation of life to the power of death” forces some bodies to remain in different states of being located between life and death. Mbembe uses the examples of slavery, apartheid, the colonization of Palestine and the figure of the suicide bomber to show how different forms of necropower over the body (statist, racialized, a state of exception, urgency, martyrdom) reduce people to precarious conditions of life."

Noam Chomsky is also one of the core contributors to the framing of these methods of analysis and description, without which the rule of law and human rights are hammered to a pulp.

3 Likes

I like the idea however would like to see the Moronic Governors and their complicity in encouraging their own states’ workers to get marching. Anyone spewing this garbage must be remembered and noted. And yes, it does remind me of Nazis.

5 Likes

I wish to respectfully add…it’s my reelection that is important. And I’ll do it by all means possible. He remembers how the economy tanked during Bush 43’s final months, and banjaxed the GOP in 2008.

4 Likes

Good point…thanks.

Mr. President,
Please, learn empathy.

3 Likes

Memorializing Veterans with names on concrete sure did not work, we’ve been in continuous wars for 17 years and several other little ones after Vietnam. Is there a memorializm for Iraq and Afghanistan heroes who died/

2 Likes

I don’t consider people who fight and die in wars, let alone wars of choice where there isn’t a draft, to be my heroes needing some kind of notoriety or remembrance. That’s the way the MIC wants us to think so that these pointless wars continue without end and innocent people in countries that don’t even want the US military there continue to die, and money that could be used for good in this country gets wasted.

3 Likes

Empathy does not feature in the psyche of people suffering from NPD. It cannot be learned.

2 Likes

The trump Death Clock is at one minute to midnight.

As of today, tens of thousands of Americans have lost their lives as a consequence of the administration’s failure to act sooner

I think the more important factor here is that THEY HAVE NO NATIONAL PLAN to fight this pandemic.

3 Likes

FIFY
But the deaths are not important because IT IS ALL ABOUT ME.

4 Likes

This is nice, but don’t give Trump all the credit. Both major political parties have had a big hand in the death count.

Do people get counted if they died of starvation after losing their job?

3 Likes

The first thing anyone will think of when the United States is mentioned from this point on is, "Death."

And the asinine inept clown president that brought Hell to our daily lives.

3 Likes

Death clocks, lying charts, court filings, horrendous, outrages behaviors. Shall I go on?
Bottom line: Nobody is doing anything effective to stop him.
Four more years of just scratching our asses and we are through. It will be Seig Heil.

2 Likes

Anyone out there with the skills to start a “virtual quilt” to put names and faces to those who died? The quilt made from the names of those who had died due to Ronnie Raygun’s inaction was a watershed moment in the AIDS fight and pushed congress to finally act.

3 Likes

Your criminally, insane, ME!

1 Like

Very good logic, thank you.