Home | About | Donate

Trump Declares His Inauguration a 'Day of Patriotic Devotion,' Echoing North Korea

Trump Declares His Inauguration a 'Day of Patriotic Devotion,' Echoing North Korea

Nika Knight, staff writer

President Donald Trump on Monday declared that the day of his inauguration would now be known as a "National Day of Patriotic Devotion," echoing the language of several generations of North Korean leaders.

Trump clearly wants to be a dictator. He has even talked about having military parades such as they have in North Korea. What is truly puzzling is why so many Americans are going along with it. Why are all these Americans unable to draw the line?

So...Are we all just going to sit here stunned like we are watching a horrible car crash and make morbid jokes about it, or are we going to do something?

'Cause Freedom, that's why. Freedom is devotion and obedience! There is no greater attack on Freedom than those who dissent and criticize Freedom. Enemies all!
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.
Freedom.

Doesn't take much thought to pick the more dangerousof these two national leaders. Here is a clue, its a white man.

Kim Jong Donald.

I kind of like it.

Peace
Po

then theres the caveat from Samuel Johnson:
"Patriotism is the last refuge for a scoundrel"
Guess the denial, the trigger-happy ad hominems, the outright demands that lies be accepted...etc. just haven't gotten the TV ratings to sell the double-down by the kleptocracy.
" ... last ... "? ... one can only hope.

Well, I'd say the Woman's March world wide was a good start, dwarfing the inauguration attendance, much to the insane clown president's [Credit to Matt Taibbi] displeasure.

"Day of patriotic devotion" sounds like one of the holy days of obligation that mandated that I attend church on the appointed day back when I was growing up Catholic. Perhaps its Trump's way of making concurrent activities like the women's march illegal.

Seeing how most of the Trump supporters that I have met watch a lot of football, its not hard to understand why they would have no problem with Kim Jong Donald.

Just like Rome, bread and circus, but without the bread.

Haven't you heard? Freedom is Slavery, comrade. Dear Leader will show us the True Way! Doubleplus good!

It would not be surprising if Trump is trying to get the military to parade tanks and missile launchers on the field during super bowl half time on February 5.

He wanted the military parade for the inauguration but the DC streets weren't up to abuse of tank tracks so they had to put the kibosh to that brilliant idea.

Btw, while the Left morbidly embraces nihilism, the fascists are busy trying to get Le Pen in power:

They don't wait around for an organizational structure and five pages of bullet points enumerating grievances, they just do it.

I'll just go with Madonna's theme here.

I saw the US Ambassador to the UN (Samantha Power) on the Daily Show, and her depiction of US foreign policy is just as willfully ignorant, dishonest and irrational as Trump's. Like Obama, the difference is only in the tone and terminology, not the content. American exceptionalism is thriving in the Democratic party.

Likewise for NPR, which is little more than an echo chamber for the Pentagon and the State Department, while including weak criticisms of Trump's behavior to pacify its audience.

The energy of the right isn't dissipated by collusion with the left; on the other hand, we have liberals who:
undermine the progressive movement by defending center-right politicians like Hillary Clinton (thereby validating her neocon policies), who embrace the military and CIA based on an elementary school vision of American history, who get their "objective" news from CNN and NPR, and who defend religion, thereby opening the door to religious-based policies like denying access to birth control and abortion.

The democrats will fail if they can't get off the Russia hatred band wagon. What incredible hypocrisy for any american official [or celebrity] to ignore the genocidal policy of the US, meddling in other nations affairs for decades, overthrowing democratically elected leaders, Chile, Iran, Guatemala ad infinitum.

aka, defending the empire at all costs .

Fascism Anyone?

"The 14 defining Characteristics of Fascism"
By Laurence W. Britt

"Fascism’s principles are wafting in the air today, surreptitiously masquerading as something else, challenging everything we stand for.

" The cliché that people and nations learn from history is not only overused, but also overestimated; often we fail to learn from history, or draw the wrong conclusions. Sadly, historical amnesia is the norm."

1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism. From the prominent displays of flags and bunting to the ubiquitous lapel pins, the fervor to show patriotic nationalism, both on the part of the regime itself and of citizens caught up in its frenzy, was always obvious. Catchy slogans, pride in the military, and demands for unity were common themes in expressing this nationalism. It was usually coupled with a suspicion of things foreign that often bordered on xenophobia."

Read them all @

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4113.htm