Home | About | Donate

Trump Ekes Ahead of Clinton in New Poll

Trump Ekes Ahead of Clinton in New Poll

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

As the presidential nominating contests enter their final stretch, a troubling new trend has developed for Democratic voters as recent polling indicates that Hillary Clinton may be losing her lead over Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

In a hypothetical matchup, the New York billionaire would defeat the former secretary of state 41 to 39 percent, according to the new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey, which was released on Monday.

HEY, Democratic Party! Better take notice all you "super-delegates" and all those running for re-election in November, the Red Queen is falling and will not survive. IF you want to re-build a party based on the common good rather than common greed ala the Clinton Crime Family and the corporate servitude 'deal-making" of Obama &Co, you better start by supporting the new voters and Bernie Sanders - the future of any party who will NOT support Clinton or her "incrementalist" corporatist/banker BS, but want - demand - REAL progressive change and personal integrity!

The presidential election, and all downstream candidates, will be pulled through by a Bernie Sanders candidacy, not Hillary Clinton - Sanders is a breath of fresh air that will energize a winning coalition and high voter turnout, and you better get used to that reality or fall with her highness along with her corruption and self interest!

The establishment will blame these numbers on Bernie's refusal to get out of the race. It can't possibly be something wrong with Clinton. It has to be Bernie's fault.

Of course, Bernie Sanders would blow Herr Drumpf out of the water.

One thing bothers be about Bernie, and I noticed it when I went to donate to him. "War and Peace" falls way, way down the line in his list. Just say'n. His list is a good one, but it's still way down the line, and as an independent, that's my #1 issue. The rest can wait. I'm ready to stop killing people first.

People are coming to their senses.

Bernie is finished--everyone knows that except the Bern.

The Democratic Party would rather lose with Hillary than win with Sanders. That's because it is a corrupt, wholly-owned instrument of Wall Street.

It's a "win-win" for Wall Street.

Yes, the choice always comes down to, "heads Goldman Sachs wins, tail you lose". Some democracy!

A compelling lyric for all presidential candidates and voters to consider:

Which Side Are you On?

Come all you good workers
Good news to you, I'll tell
Of how the good old union
Has come in here to dwell

Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?
Which side are you on?

My daddy was a miner
And I'm a miner's son
And I'll stick with the union
Till every battle's won

They say in Harlan County
There are no neutrals there
You'll either be a union man
Or a thug for J. H. Blair

Oh, workers can you stand it?
Oh, tell me how you can?
Will you be a lousy scab
Or will you be a man?

Don't scab for the bosses
Don't listen to their lies
Us poor folks haven't got a chance
Unless we organize

Just in case you have never heard the song, here is Pete Seeger's rendition:

Sanders has repeatedly spoken about what's wrong with our invade first, think later foreign policy. Your post is disingenuous, at best.

Actually, no. That's what the Clinton machine wants us to believe - so we'll give up and assent to her coronation.

14 primaries to go and then what will probably be a contested convention.

But thanks for the propaganda. I understand Lrx and weasel (aligatorhardt) are suffering from finger cramps and carpal tunnel syndrome, the poor dears.

Glad to see someone is filling in.

"But thanks for the propaganda. I understand Lrx and weasel
(aligatorhardt) are suffering from finger cramps and carpal tunnel
syndrome, the poor dears."

Now that was funny!

Right, we know the Zios love her.

Trump has historically high unfavorable ratings. The electoral college favors Democrats. Trump has antagonized just about every demographic group except white men. The conservatives are so concerned they might run a third party candidate against him. In fact, former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson will be running as a third party conservative candidate and could get a lot of votes. In 2012 he got several times as many votes as Jill Stein. A big question mark is the Bernie or bust crowd. If they wind up not voting for Clinton that would greatly increase Trump's chances of winning. I think is agreed that just about all Clinton supporters would vote for Sanders if he somehow won the nomination. Until the conventions are over and we know whether or not the parties leave united or not predictions for the general election are just wild guesses.

It's a mutual love affair, as her AIPAC speech showed. She wants to take it to the "next level."

If this affair is consummated she'll be giving birth to the four horsemen of the Apocolypse, complete with horses.

At least she won't have trouble thinking of names: War, Famine, Pestilence, and Death.

Sorry Bill, you didn't make the cut.

I feel the same way.

If we base ourselves on the posts of Sanders supporters here and elsewhere, that is where Trump gets his edge, from among Sanders folks. Why should democrats want to aline themselves with such people? Better to break with and fully oppose the racism, the jingoism, the demogogery, of both Trump and the Bernie Bros.

Or his supporters will vote for Trump.