Home | About | Donate

Trump Embraces Duterte as Endless US War Expands in Philippines

Trump Embraces Duterte as Endless US War Expands in Philippines

Jake Johnson, staff writer

News that the Trump administration is gearing up to expand the global war on terror into its eighth country, the Philippines, arrived on Monday shortly after U.S.

Can we NOW put to rest that rump was going to get us out of all these wars?!

Remember the Vietnam Nam era dorm poster with the tag line “Suppose they gave a war and nobody came”? We could end the madness with a Reagan-era elitist call to “Just say no.” I know it sounds hopeless but it really is as simple as that.

Get with the times. Read more carefully. “We” are striking by drone. They are giving a war, and nobody is coming. At least not in person.

S’ok though. They know where we live.

Important post and spot on but I’m talking about a mindset while your point is about tactics.

Malevolence meets monster and the room bursts into flames. Same s- - t, different day. Rexxon appears to revel in the assassin’s presence…party on, dudes.

Two smilin scumbags with nary an ounce of moral compass between them.

Once you’ve established an “enemy” by name, in this case ISIS/Daesh you can make war on whoever you want or whoever is a “militant” or “extremist”, or any opposition group/party, native culture, anything you don’t like, like Duterte’s “drug war” murders. The profits come rollin in and civilians mostly, pay with their lives…“we have met the enemy and he is us”…

get rid of tillerson, trump, mcconnel, ryan, preibus, bannon and the rest of the trolls

they have declared war on citizens of u.s.a.

what else do you call the threat of “letting obamacare fail” - move to remove freedom of speech by attacking and taking legal action against reporters who expose their treachery, calling healthy tax cuts of the very wealthy and calling it “tax reform”, removing watchdog regulations from business who are then not accountable for human rights or environment pollution, and more.

these actions will cause death - is that not a war?

rise up and resist u.s.a. rise up and resist

“News that the Trump administration is gearing up to expand the global war on terror into its eighth country, the Philippines, […]”

Eighth country? Oh, I see, you mean the 8th country in which we OFFICIALLY acknowledge we are engaging in the War of Terror.

Because, actually and factually, we have special ops guys running clandestine wars in dozens of countries. And right before he left office, Obama approved the joint forces plan to let these JSOC groups act unilaterally (as they saw fit, using whatever methods and resources they deemed necessary, without the need for additional authorization) in any country where they found themselves.

I meant no disrespect and am glad you didn’t take it that way. Of course I do understand, and have spent most of a life contemplating the same ideas. Peace.