Home | About | Donate

Trump EPA Chief Lays Out Vision for Agency Critics Warn Would Create 'Apocalyptic, Devastated Planet'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/04/trump-epa-chief-lays-out-vision-agency-critics-warn-would-create-apocalyptic

2 Likes

Where do you find faces like that ?

"Wheeler, a former coal lobbyist…"

4 Likes

If there remains any justice in this country wheeler is another of drumpf’s lunatics that should end up going to prison.

2 Likes

Let me get this straight, the Acronym for EPA is:

Environmental PROTECTION Agency??

Protection: The process of keeping something or someone safe.

2 Likes

It would rather seem from this century that there are quite a number of prominent Republicans that would benefit from a good waterboarding with the likes of glyphosate and other EPA-approved compounds–well at least society would benefit from said actions…

3 Likes

Correction;

1 Like

If we could only force all these folks to live next to the pipelines and refinery’s. Fossil fuel use would come to an end in an instant.

2 Likes

Yes, and this agency was conceived by Richard Nixon, no less. A right wing President, even the dem’s are to the right of today. Boggles the mind.

I would suggest the writer gives cover to Wheeler, by claiming his actions are due to ignorance. I would say, more accurately, it’s greed. Wheeler knows exactly what he’s doing.

3 Likes

Wheeler is doing exactly what he was appointed to that position to do, destroying the EPA. In case you haven’t noticed, every one of Trump’s appointees has done exactly the opposite of what the agency they were appointed to run was supposed to do.

2 Likes

If you don’t care about anything, you’re a nihilist. If you don’t care about your own children and grandchildren, you’re a sociopath. Looks like that’s what we’ve got running the country…and much of the world: Emperor Xi, Modi, Bolsanaro, Netanyahu, Lukashenko, Johnson, Russia’s oligarchs, etc, etc…and the (extended) Trump Crime Family. Can Earth withstand the onslaught? How we got the Trumps is beyond me…only takes one look to tell. (By disrespecting the military, Drumpf may have done himself in–the MIC depends on its sacred mythology and won’t like its victims being dissed.) (Nonetheless, War is still a racket.)

1 Like

Dear Ms. Germanos: It’s “reining in.” Not “reigning in.”

1 Like

A must read!!

The Wrecking Crew : How Conservatives Rule
by Thomas Frank
~~https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/thomas-frank/198110/)