Home | About | Donate

Trump Is Controlling the Narrative On Impeachment

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/11/trump-controlling-narrative-impeachment

2 Likes

The only thing that Trump is controlling, is the volume.

Of stupid tweets.

3 Likes

The public hearings haven’t begun and Trump isn’t exactly popular. He’s playing to his base, blathering about the whistleblower—“whistleblower” is the line-of-the-day (week) in conservative media—and pushing conspiracy nonsense with his friend, Bill Barr. Other than with his fan base, I don’t think the nonsense is selling as well as it used to.

5 Likes

So this article does what corporate media does----it elevates Trump------Trump won the 2016 election with only 70,000 votes and lost the majority by something like 3 MILLION VOTES! If Trump had gone and played golf -did photo ops he would be sitting at 70% in the polls----Trump has never gone over 50%-----because the guy is his own worst enemy—but really Trump is a DRAMA QUEEN!—and it is the corporate media that play the game.

There is a congresswoman out with an ad showing her talking the oath of office—this is the oath Trump takes

WHEN TRUMP STOOD ON THE WHITE HOUSE LAWN AND CALLED ON FOREIGN POWERS TO INVESTIGATE A US CITIZEN------TRUMP BROKE THIS OATH!

Check out Warren on Democracy Now and tell me she is not the REAL DEAL ----she brings up the number one thing she will do day one is go after corruption----and she rightly states that none of the progressive agenda will happen without getting at this corruption.

1 Like

Definitely not selling tonight as Monday Night Football is about to start.

2 Likes

Very true. The game could be way more interesting that Trump’s stupid tweets depending on what Seattle can do against that 49ers defense.

Release the tapes of the phone calls not transcripts.

6 Likes

Come clean, illusion, are you backing Warren or not?

2 Likes

When she starts taking super pack money after being nominated. . . “Corruption? Corruption ended with Trump. Let’s not look back but forward.”

1 Like

That’s the same lame excuse used by O’Bummer and P’Loser back in 2009 when they let the War Criminals and the Banksters off the hook without even any investigations — much less any trials.

At least I’ve heard “bribe” and “shakedown” on TV a few times lately.  Maybe they’ll catch on . . .

5 Likes

Very few people have had the experience of controlling the camar on “reality” TV. He still remains a reality TV host. That’s all he’s ever been good at. (I’m just assuming he was good at it. I’ve never watched his or any other reality TV.) I expect that most of his loyal MAGA supporters have always been watchers of reality TV and somehow, unbelivable as it seems to most of us, they really believe that reality TV is reality.

1 Like

49ers Defense?

Well, they better turn on the offense right about now.

An oldie but goodie.

1 Like

And, while the rest of us are stuck in a Twilight Zone-type loop as a captive audience to Chump’s reality TV presidency, his real genius is that he’s convinced the MAGA Borg that it has a starring role in the production.

3 Likes

Damn! This article is one of the best since Dump took office! More and more, Acheson, PLEEEEZE.
You and Bandy Lee should be a team making the rounds of all the shows talking about Dump and policy issues!

1 Like

Beautiful written and compelling allagory.

I hope you are right. I hate how right wing narrative gets to dictate the terms of political discourse in this country. We have to stop talking about stuff on their terms. If they would use their terms fairly and accurately instead of deliberately misinforming and misleading people, that would be something else.

2 Likes

And have you noticed the tweets are becoming even more voluminous and nonsensical?

**Hope your vacation was wonderful, peaceful and relaxing!

1 Like

There was an article on Alternet last week that said he’s talking with ‘people’ about doing an Apprentice: White House edition – he has no shame and even less brain!

New England in the fall, what’s not to love. I love it all. We had a wonderful trip Wolfess.

Thanks.

1 Like

Sad sad sad. I expect it would draw the same crowd as the original. He is repulsive and always has been.

1 Like