Home | About | Donate

'Trump Is Guilty': Along With Democratic Control of House Comes Renewed Push to Impeach President

'Trump Is Guilty': Along With Democratic Control of House Comes Renewed Push to Impeach President

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As the Democratic Party took control of the U.S. House on Thursday, the first day of the 116th Congress, along with the lower chamber's leadership shift came a renewed push from some Democrats to impeach President Donald Trump.

Excuse me, but Pence in an improvement? So the adage goes with your
“excessive exuberance” “out of the pan and into the fire.”

Everyone take a deep breath. The Republicans control the Senate. Therefore, even if Trump is impeached, he will no more be removed from office than Clinton was removed from office.

Impeachment is a red herring designed to waste time and effort.

Newsweek ran a story yesterday of a likely scenario that Trump will offer to step down in exchange for total immunity for himself his family and the Trump business. Pence will be another nightmare of a different sort.

AMEN!!,” the agnostic says sarcastically.  Pence is one of Butt-Head DeVos’ Funny-Dementalist fellow-travel­ers enamored with the Utterly Evil idea of turning Amerika into a “christian” Theocracy.   Either get rid of BOTH of them at the same time or leave the bumbling idiot Tweetle-Dumb in the White House until he’s replaced by a SIGNIFICANTLY lesser evil in 2020, hopefully Jeff Merkley, or at least Bernie or 'Beth.   (Note that I didn’t say “wonderful”, just SIGNIFICANTLY less evil.)

“Trump Is Guilty”

His guilt and sentence has already been decided. The sole purpose of a trial is to reveal the sentence to the prisoner.

Let’s first open our government and get these people paid as well as getting our coast guard and national treasures functioning again- then we can talk impeachment.

Why don’t we stop talking about Dump and Pence? Let’s get our government running and get our 800000 people paid including the Coast Guard!

Nixon looking good in comparison now? Let’s recall how someone who knew Nixon entirely too well described him:

“It is Nixon himself who represents that dark, venal and incurably violent side of the American character that almost every country in the world has learned to fear and despise. Our Barbie-doll president, with his Barbie-doll wife and his boxful of Barbie-doll children is also America’s answer to the monstrous Mr. Hyde. He speaks for the Werewolf in us; the bully, the predatory shyster who turns into something unspeakable, full of claws and bleeding string-warts on nights when the moon comes too close…” Hunter S. Thompson (Duke)

You can’t impeach Trump! Trump is the hero of the White Working Trash, he is the Prophet of the Christian community, he is the undisputed leader of the illiterate and racist white folks all across the country.
When you add up the White Working Trash, the bigoted Christians, the white racists, the white school dropouts, the military, and the trash hooked on Oxycontin, you end up with more than half the entire white population of the United States. Trump is “their” leader, and “they” are ready to lay down their miserable lives for him.
That is why you can’t impeach Trump.

Excuse me but college students who protested against the violence of the war in Nam were killed ( Kent State.

Maybe=but more likely he is the leader of the Wall Street bankster, and a pawn of the Kochs.

Actually, the students who were killed were not protesting - they were just in the background walking to class and the National Guardsmen fired over the heads of the protesters, killing students in the area behind.

And why do people always cite Kent State where four white students were murdered and fail to mention Jackson State which happened at the same time where the police purposely fired into the black students dormitories killing two students?

I’m thoroughly convinced that Impeachment will be good for Trump, in the long run.

There’s no chance of him ever understanding the meaning of Humility however, after the next 10 years or so of him and his spawn facing the music in court cases involving the Rich & Famous corrupt lifestyles they have been leading, he most likely will begin to understand he’s not the Stable Genius he professed to be.

You know why. I can tell by your question.

That is correct- the students who were killed supported the movement but were not at the forefront. I remember that- knew of someone whose girlfriend was killed. And yes, I do remember Jackson State as well.

You did the same thing before. First, it is a lie the national guardsmen did not fire into the crowd. Three died in the crowd and the dead woman on the front page shot in the parking lot was a runaway from Miami. The students WERE PROTESTING AND THROWING ROCKS AT THE GUARD. You did the same thing before on this site bitching because Jackson State Black people weren’t represented at the same time. WELL, this was the FIRST TIME they had fired on television into a crowd of protesting students and they were all white. Sorry they were not dead black folk hanging from dorm windows but on this day four dead white people were shot on a campus demonstrating against the Vietnam War and getting ROTC off campus. You go to Jackson State and write a book about dead black folk! I have fought for equality all my life you just piss me off.

Yes, they did fire into the crowd- whether they fired over the heads or into the crowd- they were ordered by the then gov of Ohio piece of crap to use live bullets. And Noxon was happy that it happened. So- how does this apply to today? Well, because this is part of the same system that we have today- a system of powerful corrupt moneyed people who buy the government and stomp out people who oppose what they are doing, and use force when they really feel even more threatened.

To date the Democratic Party has little cachet in uniting to agree on a pizza. I would very much like to see them accomplish a united front for something of lesser importance and make it so. Start with something that Americans largely support such as internet equality and reverse this administrations pay off to the providers before jumping into the fire of impeaching a lying fool to install an evangelical largely unknown.
I will only feel comfortable with the Democrats when they demonstrate the ability to unite in victory as well as they do defeat. The neolibs can announce for their Party for the Wealthy whenever they want.

This is more political theater. The corporate Dems are stonewalling in order to ignore what the people want and need. Healthcare, stopping forever wars, bringing troops home, Green New deal. Take your pick.
Impeachment will not happen, it will rally the Republican base on one side and the head in the sand Russiaphobics on the other.

Stop wasting our time and money and get to work!