Home | About | Donate

'Trump Is Trying to Steal the Election and Wall Street Is Silent': Corporate Executives Urged to Condemn President's Attacks on Democracy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/06/trump-trying-steal-election-and-wall-street-silent-corporate-executives-urged

1 Like

This article leaves me speechless.

2 Likes

This is like asking Hitler to condemn Stalin for atrocities.

8 Likes

Wall Street is the land of soulless money-worshiping ghouls. They don’t care who wins as long as the Treasury keeps propping up the market with trillions of dollars of debt money.
Obama had Wall Street in his Cabinet, and so does Fuhrer.
Occupy and castrate Wall Street.

5 Likes

Are you kidding me?  The thieves heading up Wall Street’s Multi-NaZional Korporations have been attacking “our” pathetic pretense of a “democracy” for decades, and now these idiots want to give them some cover for their shameless hypocrisy with a few meaningless ‘public statements’??     GIMMME A BREAK!!!

5 Likes

Hack TV and movie personality Ronald Reagan pushed his neo con sales pitch

“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the Government, and I’ m here to help.”

now regurgitated by another hack TV personality to

“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the Government, and I’ m here to help count votes.”

GOP owns this sewage tank fire and if the triangulating dims remain attached to the money loving hip these bastards will not be missed after the fallout.

Progress or Genosuicide,
No Time to Burn

3 Likes

Corporate Executives Urged to Condemn President’s Attacks on Democracy

As any union organizer will tell you: there is no such thing as democracy in the workplace and why unions exist in the first place–to have a real voice and one of the central aims is to end “at will” employee status. Corporate Executives in non union workplaces to employees: Abandon all hope all yee who enter here.

3 Likes

What do you expect? Trump gave them a large tax cut, on both the corporate and personal sides. The GOP has used all kinds of voter suppression tactics over the years, from gerrymandering to forms of poll taxes. This year they gave a whole new meaning to “new low” with something even lower. Purging voter roles without their knowledge, changing or closing polling places, using the Post Office to slow mail-in ballots because their “mail-in ballot” attacks through the courts did not work as well as they thought. Now they use all kinds of violent and non-violent tactics to stop people from going to the polls to vote. Since all else has not worked well, file lawsuits to stop the ballots from being counted. If his “hand-picked” courts overturn this election, I believe civil war 2 will be the outcome. As for Wall Street, neither political party will reign them in. It will be business as usual. The only difference between them is one allows grossly obscene profits at the expense of the 99% and the other only allows obscene profits. FYI far too many corporations pay no tax.

6 Likes

Wall Street has the 401k massive inflow of dollars and the Federal Reserve to prop up any gambling losses.

They and the banks own DC, not the citizens.
Why should they say anything about Trump. democracy, etc.

1 Like

The election is FAR from over:
~https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/its-a-very-likely-possibility-trump-could-win-election-through-court-challenge-rutgers-law-professor-112818679.html

1 Like

As I have repeated in CD posts for 11 years…Obama tasked his DOJ to make everything Occupy Wall Street (OWS) did illegal in order to maintain corporate money flow into the DNC coffers.

For Wall Street and the 1% owning both parties assures win/win, while for the 99% its heads they win, tails we lose.

1 Like