Home | About | Donate

Trump Lied, 190,000 Died

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2020/09/09/trump-lied-190000-died-0

1 Like

resign you MF er, and face up to the 36,000 lawsuits coming your way

Bob Woodward’s reporting about Nixon’s tapes helped to bring down Nixon and it looks like Mr. Woodward’s tapes may bring down Trump. But just like Nixon resigned, if Trump loses the November, election, I predict Trump will resign before January 20th so Pence can pardon him.

1 Like

In order for Pence to pardon der trump, he (der trump) would first have to have been convicted of something. Although I don’t remember Nixon’s situation’; did he have a conviction to be pardoned for by Gerald Ford? My history is a little rusty.

Nixon was not charged with anything. Presidents can pardon preemptively.

2 Likes

Yes, saved me a reply…thanks.

1 Like

First and sadly, Woodward’s tapes will have no effect on Trump’s base, unless it’s to excite them further.

Second, why the hell did Woodward sit on these tapes so long – to sell more books?

We The People, as a society(NOT), are all complicit. Because we’re not a society. Or a comity. We are each individualists whose only priority in life is to screw the other bastards before they can get to the goodies. If anyone followed the progression of C-19 in the media of other countries, they knew it was bad. And that we needed to take similar precautions, regardless of what the authorities said or did. As my mother used to say, if everybody jumped off a cliff because they were told to do so, would you do it?
If we had been a true comity, we would have demanded, by all means necessary, that Trump/Pence/McConnell be leaders. At least some governors took action, regardless of the blowback. Alas, our instinct of self-preservation has atrophied to the point of no return.
Trump failed, people died. Everything Trump Touches Dies. The time for recrimination is over. Now we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and return to reality. We probably will need another total shutdown or two or three as C-19 mutates and has a nice captive herd, trapped inside with poor ventilation. Continue to wear masks, keep far away from other people, and wash your hands over and over. Save as much money as you can to make sure the rent is paid and the lights and heat stay on. Everything else is a luxury you cannot afford. Tell the kids there will be no gadgets and toys this year. What they have is all they’ll have for now.

3 Likes

Hi SkepticTank:
I thought that too, but of ztrump was nailed ommediaateoy on them—he would have said the tapes were edited. Sometimes. timimbgr really is everything. Formonths we heard trump say everything was find and there was no problem and the virus would just disappear.
I think if this information came out earlier—before all the Trump lies could be lined up—it is very clear that trump cares "Not a whit, " about Americans. AND even though the Trump can be heard speaking on tapes, perhaps Woodward wanted enough lies to be told, so that his lies become more shocking.
However, I heard a conversation on the news with a reporter and a trump supporter in Congress. Despite the tapes, the Trump congressman kept saying that the vocal words did not matter.WOW—we need Congress people who actually work for the People.

1 Like

Or perhaps Woodward wanted to save juicy tapes until it was book release time.
Yeah, I’m leaning toward that.

In terms of electing a Congress that works for the people – I’m losing faith in that possibility by the day.

2 Likes

Hi SkepticTank:
Yes I understand, but if he had told all right away----no one would have listened. By waiting until he had more ammunition, of what rules Trump’s mind. The more trump spoke and the more Woodward learned. If he thad told immediately, trump would have denied and those who do listen --really do have real proof of Trump’s damaged mind.
Will that be enough? I don’t know, but at least some cracks seem to be appearing in that lying machine known as a trump. : )

2 Likes

I think quite the opposite.

If more of the general public had been aware of Trump’s sugarcoating the virus – whether he did it to preserve calm or for more nefarious reasons – many of them could have acted with more urgency. How many is anyone’s guess, but the entire pandemic would definitely have been less of a political football, because Trump would have been on record calling it “deadly.”

1 Like

Worth a read all the way through:

~https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bob-woodward-defends-keeping-revelations-about-trump-and-coronavirus-quiet-until-book-release/ar-BB18TVOT?ocid=msedgntp

Let’s trash Woodward that will help a lot. Everyone with a brain knew this all along. If Woodward had come out with that one fact when there were only hundreds of cases it would have been smothered by the Trump Denial Machine and not have gotten much attention( Fox News is spinning this against Woodward too as a deflection). Why not crucify all the Repubs that also knew that Trump was lying and dutifully backed him? The scientific info was easily available to anyone that was interested. I didn’t and don’t need Woodward to know that Trump was/is lying about almost everything after all this time.
*ttps://www.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/trump-bob-woodward-rage/index.html

2 Likes

Please read the article I linked to in the comment above yours and direct your whining at the numerous progressives who take issue with Woodward. His excuses are lame, so are yours.

Read article. I respect your opinion though I have a different one. I can see both points of view.

1 Like

I appreciate your reading about differing viewpoints.
I think Woodward’s excuse is lame, he should have released the tapes in May.
But what that would have changed about the outcomes we now have is anyone’s guess.

Skeptic Tank: DON’T give Trump a another scapegoat in Woodward. TRUMP is the President who LIED TO THE COUNTRY & also FAILED TO TAKE ACTION–such as using the Defense Production Act to make enough PPE, WEARING A MASK etc. Don’t let TRUMP off the hook. Fact is, plenty of GOVERNORS & Public Health Professionals have been TELLING THE TRUTH for 6 months. The people NOT listening are Trumpers.

2 Likes

The take away for me is that Trump is very aware of what he is doing-----listen to PBS Newshour tonight about what Russia is doing right now-----maybe the Russian money flow has been stopped to the Republican party??? Fox-Murdoch- RT----Trump—Russians are all pushing for violence in the streets.

I can walk and chew gum at the same time.
That means I can note the criminal negligence of Trump and the self-serving behavior of Woodward.
Simultaneously!

2 Likes