Home | About | Donate

Trump Makes the Crisis Worse for Palestinian Refugees

Trump Makes the Crisis Worse for Palestinian Refugees

Marjorie Cohn

One of the most consequential actions Donald Trump took during the first year of his presidency was to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in December 2017. When the Palestinians predictably responded by pulling out of the US-led “peace process,” Trump retaliated by cutting US financial support to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) by more than 50 percent.

“A Death Sentence” for Gazan Refugees

Arthur Balfour, a name that will live in infamy!

Palestinians don’t deserve anything because some of them have committed terrorist acts. Terrorism committed by Jews is excusable because Jews were victims in the Second World War and needed Palestine cleaned out of lots of indigenous people so they could have it. Palestinian refugees should not be allowed to return because that would mean Jews would not be in control, and Jews would have to give them their homes back.

Good snark.

I’m curious, were you born this way, or did you have to work at it ?
The Israeli govt. has “burned the bridge” of any sympathy the world had for them with their actions on this matter.
I do feel sorry for the Israeli people, as their govt. commits war crimes in their name, with seemingly no way to stop it (much like the situation we find ourselves in).

It was indeed a snark

MY apologies.
So used to trolls on this site and others.