Home | About | Donate

Trump Must Not Be Allowed to Use Gulf of Oman Incidents as 'Pretext for Illegal War With Iran': Bernie Sanders

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/14/trump-must-not-be-allowed-use-gulf-oman-incidents-pretext-illegal-war-iran-bernie

5 Likes

Does the word “illegal” enter into these warmongering minds?

12 Likes

OK Pompeo, Bolton, and Trump, you axis of idiocy, why would Iran attack in the wide open Gulf of Oman when it could easily do so in the more strategically located Strait of Hormuz? Just what is your theory on why they would attack in the first place? Without one you have no hope of achieving any credibility in this matter. Amateurs!

13 Likes

Good for Bernie. On Elizabeth Warren’s twitter feed? Crickets.

13 Likes

This news is not good. The Guardian reported today that the UK Foreign Office joined the US lead and accused Iran as the “sole” perpetrator of those attacks in the Gulf of Oman, but called for a diplomatic solution. The Saudi’s also want the US to do more. Oddly, Israhell seems eerily silent since this “incident” occurred, a rather strange non-response to the US, Saudi and UK accusations considering its bellicosity against Iran. Strange indeed.

7 Likes

To me, this is the acid test for president AND vice president. Bernie passes.

15 Likes

It’s the season for Wag the Dog, Bernie, whether we like it or not.

“Trump must not be allowed” … Really? Well who is gonna stop him and his Cabal of Warmongers?

2 Likes

Japanese owner ‘appeared’ to contradicts the narrative … there was no ‘appeared’ to it. The owner said ‘it was a flying object’. Like a drone mini missile?

Don’t be surprised if the owner has serious amnesia tomorrow…

11 Likes

Bernie, it’s extremely hard to fight manufacturerd lies when 95 to 97% of the voting electorate believes them and supports them in the voting booths.

Head removal is the only remedy for Zombies.

2 Likes

Well, since the evil war masters of America couldn’t seem to get a war started on Venezuela, and I guess since they couldn’t win in Syria in spite of their White Helmet liars-- I guess they would next try lying about Iran.
Since the last war of any kind won by America was in Grenada. Of course, Reagan attacked a little island that had no clue that there was a war on and at least one American died in it----so I don’t know if that would be considered a win— but a major F**K up —no doubt.
Maybe they will now try to assassinate some American sailors of soldiers and blame it on Iran in order to start a war. I hope not, but America has become a weird, liar- filled corporate kingdom—so it’s hard to tell what they will lie about next.

8 Likes

Good to here from Bernie, now it’s time for Tulsi.

7 Likes

There you go again Bernie, letting facts get in the way of another military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC) story told by President Swamp Gas, America’s favorite storyteller.

5 Likes

Pompeo, Bolton, and Trump together don’t have a pair of brain cells between the three of them.

3 Likes

Covfefe: Grounds for Impeachment.
I shall ponder that tomorrow morning as I search for pits after my covfefe induces my morning Trump!

2 Likes

The world leaders must speek truth to power - to tell America that it is completely unacceptable to start a war with Iran. This has all the hallmarks of yet another false flag operation by America, the expert in false flag operations.

5 Likes

Think the idea is to show how they can act with complete impunity without anyone rising to stop them.
America is a dying empire, therefore blatant displays of power and brutality are to be expected by the leadership as they try to maintain their empire.
Having something utterly preposterous accepted as fact by the general populace (be it an unlikely false flag or russiagate) sends a very clear message, as does going to war over the flimsiest of pretexts.
If they can show the world that the American wehrmacht will still willingly march on Iran even if the attempted false flag was blatantly bungled, the obvious message is that no one is safe.

5 Likes

Why is it strange, the Israelis are in all probability the only folks around who are privy to all the finer details of this outrage, because in all probability it was conducted by THEM.

3 Likes

These false flag attacks have become somewhat of an American tradition. The American people are gullible enough to believe just about anything.

5 Likes

The US credibility around the world has sunk to it’s lowest point in history thanks to Trump MAFIA policies.

1 Like