Home | About | Donate

Trump National Address Denounced as "Bigoted, Childish Con Job" on American People

Trump National Address Denounced as "Bigoted, Childish Con Job" on American People

Jon Queally, staff writer

The national televised address by President Donald Trump was widely denounced on Tuesday night after his performance from the Oval Office—in which he used well-worn racist tactics to dehumanize immigrants and refugees by painting them as violent criminals, but said nothing new or convincing about the need to shutdown the federal government in order to obtain funds to build his "ridiculous" border wall.

Well he didn’t disappoint, his ignorance and insipidness was on full display, it’s getting tedious however, and beyond rational, time to end this shit show.

Throw the lying Bum in Jail!!!

So what else is new? — Except possibly to change the above to ‘ATTEMPTED Con Job’.  It would be interesting to know just how much (or how little) money was raised by his appeal for funds “To Build The WALL”.

Clearly, Tweetle-Dumb is feeling the pressure from both Congress and Mueller, and his Mojo is fading.  The challenge now will be to minimize the harm he does during the next two years.  With RBG’s recent illness the chance that she will retire and allow him to appoint at least one more judge to the SCOTUS is real, but that problem would exist under Pence as well.  IMHO, the best course is to indict him for two or three of his most serious crimes so that he can be held accountable after he is voted out of office – but NOT impeach him now except if necessary as a last resort to prevent a REAL National Emergency – so that he can drag as many Re­PoopLickens as possible down with him in 2020.

Sounds like a good plan. A few more dems in the senate alone would be worth listening to a few more speeches. Besides I’m learning how not to be angry, and to enjoy “His Ridiculousness” in humor.

Good point FF. No point in voting in corporate dems that vote like Manchin.

He is wholly incapable of “doing better;” “as a global leader” we must remove him!

Just keep the spotlight on Trump for a few more months and the construction of the permanent corporate surveillance state will be complete.
All that is missing is the completion of the biometric/dna database which the police and customs officers have been compiling, and the suppression of the entire nation can be automated via drone technology.
The 1% will never have to fear the superior numbers of the people ever again.

We need those lies to be corrected immediately with BANNERS running under
the bottom of the TV frame –

And notice the American flag pin on his lapel – with FIVE DEFERMENTS to keep
him out of Vietnam and service to his country.

well, she kinda did that in the last election. sure, it was in secret, but still…/s

I didn’t see the address but I noticed it made the Senator from Wall Street try to affect a stern and resolute face which was pretty funny looking. Bernie was the only one worth listening to.

I wonder how many people realized that, as they watched Schumer and Pelosi decry Trumps attempt to build a wall as foolhardy at best, that it is Chuck and Nancy who have always supported Israel’s attempt to build a wall around the Palestinian people?
Just saying, if the Democratic Party was going to criticize Trumps phony wall speech the least they could have done was pick one of the young new dynamic democrats to deliver their retort, not two tired old corporate whores.

Trump is the ultimate test of the wisdom embedded in a 232-year old (amended) document. To pass that test the other branches of government need to step up in earnest placing country above party. The option is Chaos, not just the chaos we are seeing now. I did my part in the voting booth and passed the torch (unsuccessfully, in my votes) accordingly. Can our system work or do we have a Fake Government?

IMHO, all but four or five of the Dims are clearly the Lesser of Great Evils.  Had he been Senate Majority Leader in 2016, even the Isra-Fascist Schumer would have allowed Merrick Garland to be confirmed to the SCOTUS.  Also, a DamnocRat-dominated Senate would NEVER have confirmed Neil Gorsuch — much less Brett Kavanaugh.  Elections DO make a difference!

IMHO, it would be better to leave him in place to  1) continue to reveal just how utterly corrupt and spineless the RePoopLickens have become and  2) take as many of those scum as possible down with him when he is defeated by the largest landslide in history in November, 2020.  (Assuming, naively, that the DamnocRats will nominate someone halfway qualified, and not a Korporate Whore like Hilliary & P’Loser or an Isra-Fascist like Schumer.)  Of course I’m also counting on at least a few of the 'PoopLickens in the Senate to stand with Dims in the House and prevent WWIII – or worse – by reigning in some of Tweetle-Dumb’s worst impulses.

Flag waving, faux,patriotism; the last refuge of a scoundrel!

Uncle –

MHO, it would be better to leave him in place to 1) continue to reveal just how utterly corrupt and spineless the RePoopLickens have become and 2) take as many of those scum as possible down with him when he is defeated by the largest landslide in history in November, 2020. (Assuming, naively, that the DamnocRats will nominate someone halfway qualified, and not a Korporate Whore like Hilliary & P’Loser or an Isra-Fascist like Schumer.) Of course I’m also counting on at least a few of the 'PoopLickens in the Senate to stand with Dims in the House and prevent WWIII – or worse – by reigning in some of Tweetle-Dumb’s worst impulses.

Either way we go is risky – GOP isn’t going to admit that Trump is nuts and they’ll
pander to him because they like what he’s doing. If he was nuts and pushing for
Medicare4All – they’d impeach him!

Same for Pence where there are enough “Christians” on SC who might make it a Bible
toting US.

PLUS, I think we could very easily see this “Vishy” Pelosi/Hoyer/Schumer trio ignoring
again what the public wants – Sanders - and going again in the corporate/MIC direction
where the public might once again NOT vote and/or vote third party. 2016 can’t be ignored.
I don’t think it was a one-time thing.

What we do know is that they’re not going to make 2020 easy for liberals –
Right Wing will continue to do all they can to give us impossible choices – or none.
Campaign for 2020 has already begun with Warren –

Please God, some clothes for the king and some brains for his toadies. I always believed that America was better than this but now I am not so sure. It is utterly amazing how one Narcissistic, egomaniac can hold hostage, one of the greatest nations in the world; but then I am reminded of what happened in Germany between the years of 1918 through 1945. As George Santayana said: " Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." There are just too many parallels between the rise of Adolf Hitler and his Nazi party and the rise of Donald Trump and his Neocon political base. With fear as the driving political motivation and Trumpism gone unchecked, disaster looms for the democratic process in the USA. MAGA indeed!