Home | About | Donate

Trump Owns This Attack on American Women

Trump Owns This Attack on American Women

Leana Wen

As Georgia, Ohio and Alabama have passed laws drasti

Typical feminist, framing this as an attack on women when, in fact, it’s an attack on all people: we all, men and women, have the right to plan our families and their health!

Only really crazy people seek to create small political movements from big ones!

The feminist agenda: divide and perish!

Obama, the self styled constitutional law expert whose administration enabled huge Republican inroads at state and federal levels (to the extent that he was unable to get a third SCOTUS justice confirmed) owns this attack on human rights as much as Trump does.

The GOP has been posturing for this moment ever since Roe v. Wade in 1973. Any of the other 2016 GOP primary candidates would be doing the same thing Trump is doing with the current level of GOP control in statehouses and DC.

2 Likes

I don’t think progressives will ever understand. It’s not about hurting women (conservative men like women too … surprise!), it’s about saving babies. At first, I wondered why in the world they would not make an exception for rape. And then, I got it … if there was such an exception, women who want abortions would cry rape, creating a very big problem. So I’m torn on this. I can see both sides. But if you can’t get in the mindset of someone who has a different opinion than you, there is no hope of bringing us together. None.

There will certainly be different mind sets here if one person is referring to unborn fetuses, and another as it being a baby.

1 Like

Hi Art_Traveler: yes people should plan for families-----but you see it’s a WOMEN’S issue because they are the ones who get pregnant! : )

2 Likes

Hi LisaMontez: Well yes, there are a lot of rapes and women seem to get blamed for most of them, and too, there are men like Harvey Weinstein and the Bill Cosby, and oh yeah that awful Matt NBC Today Show guy----but most of the time, women aren’t believed.
Another problem too is the huge number of women who get murdered because the baby daddy either didn’t want to pay the child support support, or like the recent one who murdered rather than get a divorce, you know like that man who strangled to death his 2 kids and dumped them in oil barrels at work and then whacked his wife in the head with a baseball bat, so he could marry someone else. It’s amazing how many women are murdered for such sad reasons.
Oh yeah and then there’s that Stanford swimmer guy who was raping an unconscious women outside right next to a dumpster. It’s a good thing those foreign students saw it and intervened----although Stanford guy only got a couple of months in jail because , you know the Judge had gone to Stanford, I think. Yeah, it’s that “boys will be boys,” club"--------women don’t have a protective club like that.
It seems like many in government and religion, and well a lot pf people always want to mostly blame the women----------and that’s why it’s so sad that you don’t want to believe the women. Maybe you will never understand, but women are human beings too, and I’m kind of hoping you’re a guy pretending to be a woman named Lisa , because it makes me sad that you could be a woman and think this way. : (

2 Likes

“it’s about saving babies.”
Total rubbish. If you on the right care so much about babies, why the hell do you abandon them once they are born?

4 Likes

Except when it’s your body, it is simply not your decision. Period. You call it a “different mindset.” I call it ill-minded persecution. Keep your religion and your laws off of other peoples’ bodies. Again, keeping it very simple: It’s not your decision! Ever!

2 Likes

Now here are some of your good old Republican family values…

1 Like

There are many reasons women choose abortions and among them is the economic one and the fact that this nation is cold at its core. Many women know that if they do not abort there will be precious little support for them and the child. These right wing judgmental cretins could care less as evidenced by all their mean spirited “personal responsibility” mantras which underscore their heartless policies such as capitalist overconsumption and slave wages and no publicly funded education and healthcare. And the endless wars of choice murdering many mothers and children of color! They do not see the need for an entire village to make the welcoming of another child into this world possible. There is little evidence of love in this world the kind that their own savior advised. The love of ones neighbor as oneself.

So, how about not bringing into birth any children not conceived in love? This will transform our world.

2 Likes

Along with destroying any semblance of the New Deal safety net.

1 Like

What the hell are you even talking about? Or is this an example of one side not listening to the other? If so, then good job.

Hi, LisaMontez, I am resounding to what you wrote re : women crying rape.
That is such an old story and women are often murdered for speaking truth:
See : today’s news about the student murdered for speaking out about a teacher who touched her inappropriately and the this 19 year old girl had fuel thrown on her and was set on fire.
It 's hard to believe , that if you are a woman, that you would be such a doubter. Oh and this has nothing to do with your line about progressives, it has to do with being a human being.