Home | About | Donate

Trump Picks Foreign Policy Novice Nikki Haley for UN Ambassador

Trump Picks Foreign Policy Novice Nikki Haley for UN Ambassador

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, a Republican who "lacks obvious foreign policy experience," is President-elect Donald Trump's choice to be U.S. ambassador to the United Nations—a decision that carries the added perk of elevating early Trump supporter and South Carolina Lt. Gov. Henry McMaster.

Something tells me we're going to be having a lot more "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job" moments with Trump.

Gov. Haley’s first public comments when confronted about removing the confederate flag from in front of the statehouse, after Dylan Roof murdered 9 people in their place of worship, was to justify leaving it up because none of the corporate CEO’s she had spoken with had asked her to remove it. It was a rare moment of candor. She quickly realized she had ‘stepped in it’ and changed her tune. She is politically astute and will do whatever is necessary to curry favor and further her political ambitions, but when it comes down to the interests of the citizens of the U.S. (or South Carolina) or the corporations, there is no doubt as to where her loyalties lie and whom she serves.

Do not know how DJT manages to keep making it worse than I could have ever imagined...Haley for UN Ambassador...Peter's Principle on steroids. I can just see it all now: Haley asking the person next to her, "What did he/she just say?" or "I don't understand, perhaps you could explain it to me?" or "Is Myanmar really a country?" "Where is Myanmar?" "Do we still call Putin's country the Soviet Union or what?" or "What is the Hague?" and the list goes on interminably. Even worse, she will be heard to say, "Gee, there sure are a lot of colored people at the UN." DJT's handlers better get working on her scripts as she will be absolutely clueless and the ambassadors of all other nations at the UN will take notice of how useless she will turn out to be...while shaking their heads in dismay.

"Novice?"...she is not even close to being in the game or with the program unless playing "Battleship" with her subordinates.

Ugh!

Prediction: Haley Gets the job only to hear T-Rump bellow: "You're Fired" less than 2 months later. As soon as her Replacement has moved into the governor's mansion.

I'm no fan of Haley (she's a disaster); but, she'll have her work cut out for her to be any worse than Samantha Power. :relaxed: It's not like she's going to be replacing someone in the current Obama administration who is even remotely competent. Remember, Trump has 4,000 appointments to make; and, he likely has many, many election-related favors to repay, if he's going to get the GOP Reflubs to support him.

Almost anyone would be preferable to that warmongering psycho Smantha Power.