Home | About | Donate

Trump Poised to Impose 'Domestic Gag Rule' to Keep Women From Obtaining Abortion Care and Counseling

Trump Poised to Impose 'Domestic Gag Rule' to Keep Women From Obtaining Abortion Care and Counseling

Julia Conley, staff writer

Bringing the anti-choice "global gag rule" stateside, the Trump administration is expected to announce Friday a new policy that would cut funding for health clinics that provide abortions or give information to patients about where they can obtain abortion care.

Shameful.

well, so much for women’s rights. i find this disgusting.

At $1,600,000 per abortion (search Elliot Broidy, Michael Cohen, Donald Trump), I am sure that there is spin to this claiming to be in the interest of fiscal conservatism.

Hey all you Trumpsters out there—misogynists, racists, religious nut cases or just plain cheap—I’ll make you a deal: you can withhold that part of your taxes going to fund Planned Parenthood if I can withhold that part of my taxes going to fund war.

Any takers?

Abortion is legal in the US. Vote in Nov. and hope Mueller proves treason so the nasties can be shut down legally.

Tic-Toc as the hands move around the clock. With each minute a little bit of America disappears.

Suppression becomes oppression and then becomes tyranny.

Trump’s “gag rules” haven’t been working out very well for him lately. Kind of hard to put the genie back in the bottle so to speak.

In this case, this GAG Rule will be used to cause more unwanted
pregnancies and more illegal abortions – and very likely the death
of more young girls and women.

And to put women’s health care clinics and abortion providers out
of business.

Trump obviously knows a few things about GAG rules, though we don’t
actually know how many of those legal agreements he’s used to keep
the women he’s been sexually aggressive with quiet –

And I think we’ve learned how generally popular they’ve been among
famous and wealthy males in the US.

Abortion has never been and will never be out of reach for the wealthy.

Laws prohibiting abortion target those who lack the means to pay for travelling to a venue offering legal, safe abortions.

I don’t like my taxes being spent on all the wars and killing and other things I don’t agree with either. But I am not going to go to jail for not paying my taxes. I would much rather move to another country first and renounce my citizenship, so the US can’t get any of my tax dollars.

Not sure how you are able to stay free and evade paying taxes, but not everyone here has that option.

Agreed. I know one person who, as a self-employed, private music teacher, never paid taxes. Most of us never see it because our employers withhold it.

Check out the National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee (nwtrcc.org) if you want to get serious about not paying for war while still trying to uphold reasonable taxes for infrastructure, safety nets, etc.

As for the sanctimonious tone of the comment above? Meh. I’m sure the author’s carbon butt-print is as American as anyone else’s.

It is a fact that We the People are being made politically more impotent as the fascist regime installs their despicable, inhumane, immoral, corrupt agenda. I’ve signed this petition which may or may not change a thing. At least I tried:

The world according to Trump and Pence. If you do not like, too bad you lose. Rights only exist for the favored few.

At one point during his campaign trump said that women should face some kind of punishment for having an abortion. I wonder how many abortions trump has paid for.

Gee more hypocrisy, Republicans claim to be for individual and family rights and values. Here they are invading the Dr./ patient relationship. And have they ever heard of the first amendment?
Trump’s ideology is only the ideology of destruction; lucifer is alive and well in the White House.

Trump is a pro life christian with homeland values from New York.

Not only that, but trump reads the Bible more than anyone else. He said so in his campaign.

So 22-23% of the adults ( over 18 and voting eligible ) who put this despot in office get to rule over the rest of us. Well, not so fast with this gov’t by executive fiat. The time may be ripe for changing the powers of the Presidency.
The Authoritarian Mind is a brutal controller in our despoiled and rotting body politic. Better to dissolve this failing Union than to allow a form of benevolent ( or not so ) dictator to destroy the lives and wishes of the majority of the citizenry. Who didn’t see this tyrannical proposition ( executive dictatorship ) on our ballots in the 2016 general election. ( It wasn’t even a choice for over 50 million people on the West Coast, as our votes effectively didn’t matter. ) Some real bullshit, that.
54% of voters did, however, said no to this craziness. And, possibly millions more were illegally denied the oppurtunity to do so. We’ll never know under these present state decreed rules and laws.
Ending the discriminating and antiquated Electoral College or correcting the obvious flaws of coercive gerrymandering are apparently not going to be enough to put an end to this. Our Congress is unwilling and possibly unable to put an end to this. However, it’s painfully obvious to 60-65% ( polling ) of the entire country that it is past time to end this dangerous and crooked political arrangement.
Enough is, and was, enough in 2016. This extralegal situation ( imo ) has only rapidly deteriorated since then. 30 more months of despotic rule is unacceptable. This must end.

Comment of the day! Needed that laugh.

And:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

In my own mind, it seems I’ve amended this to read “the Right and the Duty of the people to to alter or abolish if…”