Home | About | Donate

Trump Reportedly Demanding Military Tanks as Props for July Fourth Address on National Mall

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/01/trump-reportedly-demanding-military-tanks-props-july-fourth-address-national-mall

Are they going to put stickers on the tanks saying “Godwin’s Law” and “Trump Organization” like in a NASCAR race?

3 Likes

I’d suggest “Murphy’s Law.”

1 Like

Yeah, I have heard that Godwin himself has had issue a number of clarifications that under the current political regime, comparisons with the Nazis are, in fact, valid - up to and including the use of the term “concentration camps” for the immigrant jails (Amy Goodman’s term) on the border.

1 Like

A very comforting gesture… having Tanks rolling down Main St, USA calling them Props! I wouldn’t put it past him. Martial Law for All of us too?

2 Likes

I presume that places like the Champs-elysees and Red Square have beefed-up pavements for these frankly repugnant displays of military might.

Pennsylvania, Constitution, or Independence Avenues do not have adequate pavements for these loadings. The tanks would have to be moved atop heavy leapfrogged oak mats like large track-mounted cranes use.

2 Likes

Been calling The Flaming Orange Satan “Hair Hitler” for a lot longer than he’s been the worst piece of shit President EVER!

1 Like

Walter Schaub sez:
"Trump is still angling for a Giant Tank Parade …”

I’m willing to meet Chump halfway by contributing to the transport of a far more appropriate receptacle for his spectacle: a septic tank.

3 Likes

they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads."

Great he’s going to destroy DC roads (and the water/sewer/electrical/communications) and infrastructure under those road?
Then he can let contracts to the Corporate elite to ‘fix’ it all again!

A NOTE to the Joint Chiefs:
If you’re stupid enough to go along with this - DO NOT try to hide behind "We were just following orders"
You’ll be the laughing stock .

3 Likes

If the shoe fits…

Is Godwin a republican in search of ‘rational’ to not use the Nazi comparison - especially when it’s appropriate?
Because with Republicans it’s been appropriate for decades. Stating with Prescott Bush being a Hitler supporter and participating in a Coup attempt against democracy and FDR

4 Likes

trump… If you wants tanks, pay for them yourself, you claim to be a very rich person.

3 Likes

In preparation for D-Day, the Army used inflatable tanks in various locations throughout Britain to throw off German reconnaissance. If they could fool Dolphy, they could fool Donnie. Hell, the inflatable baby Trumps that need to be deployed might even make him think he’s in a house of mirrors. Lord knows we sure are.

5 Likes

I expect to see flags flying upside down
Signaling Distress of the highest order

4 Likes

The image of America has changed it will never again be the image of revolution, freedom, and democracy, but the image of violence and militarism

2 Likes

I buy US flag postage stamps by the roll. Every piece of mail that leaves my desk signals distress of the highest order.

3 Likes

I’m reminded of the Robert Burns couplet:

" “O wad some Power the giftie gie us/
to see oursels as ithers see us!"

3 Likes

In our town the 4th parade includes a couple of small clown cars scooting crazily back and forth down the street. If only we could get them to paint “Trump’s army” on them. Add to the grouping a couple of those fake tanks, a couple of septic tanks, and a few Trump baby balloons or blimps. Great ideas gang. Make it so.

1 Like

Maybe he will ask queen elizabeth to lend him the “red arrows” too.

I’m hoping for a chorus of jeers and boos to drown out the rapist-in-chief’s speech. It would make for great TV!

1 Like

Gee whiz…I mean, Trump is fighting off the MIC right? He’s the clucking “peace candidate”.

Fourth of July with the Fascist in DC sounds like hell.

This country is tanking and fast. It’s been a long time coming and here we have it. A true Fascist in the White House, and Corporate State Democrats who will make damn sure he stays put.

4 Likes