Home | About | Donate

Trump Reportedly "Surprised" Top Contender to Run Pentagon Doesn't Support Torture

Trump Reportedly "Surprised" Top Contender to Run Pentagon Doesn't Support Torture

Jon Queally, staff writer

According to the New York Times, Donald Trump was reportedly "surprised" when he discovered that one of his top choices for Defense Secretary, Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis, does not actually "favor" the torture tactic known as "waterboarding."

Amid an extensive interview with the Times editorial board and staff on Tuesday, reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted:

A sobering reminder that while defeating Clinton was of paramount importance, we still have a terrible president in the white house. anyone who supports torture is a failed human being.

Defeating Clinton was paramount. In favor of electing the failed human being. Progressive incoherence.

If trump doesn't think waterboarding is tough enough he should under go waterboarding to be sure

“Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.” - Mad Dog Mattis

MDM may not vocally support "torture" but he does enjoy killing at will...and with the current war tactics/technology, not many killers see the faces of their "enemy." Fighting for freedom through uncontrolled massacre...interesting distorted sick concept. Besides, torture just takes too long and the info extracted is probably false or meaningless when given by someone in excruciating pain facing his/her own imminent death.

Mattis just retired in 2013...how can he be considered to run the Pentagon when anyone in that position has to have been retired at least seven years? Oh, that's right, DJT demands it. mea culpa

Yet another despicable DJT choice.

Do you know where "Waterboarding" came from? It used to be called: "Chinese Water Torture" and it's thousands of years old.

It's a war crime, according to the Geneva Convention.

Must we rule the world by committing war crimes? No. It's completely unnecessary. It shames America. Let's take the high road. Make America great again.

Must the USA rule the world? There lies the problem.

George,

Sure, it's our turn. (big smile.) But I'm afraid it's not up to you or me. It's up to RRR: Rothschilds, Rockefellers and your Royals. Did the Sun actually really set on the British Empire?

Great adaptation method the Royals and noblemen worked out: Let local provinces like America, Hong Kong and Singapore think they rule themselves, while you actually control them by controlling their central banks and own most of the property in the world. It's absolutely brilliant. That way, you don't have to spend money putting down revolts all the time. That subterfuge worked so well, that our See-Eye-Aye copied the puppet government thing all over the world.

I read that Scotland had most of the wealth in this world. True? No wonder the Donald likes to play golf there. Golf is more fun when you are playing with Titans of the World and smashing a bottle of Don Perione against the hull of your new Titanic. I probably spelled the name of those spirits wrong. I don't see many bottles of non-screw-top hooch anymore!

I'm going with you on this one, Mr Jefferson

Were all in this together.

it goes without saying that you wouldn't get the consistency. It's not like you haven't read over the objections over a Clinton presidency from the left a thousand times. We. Reject. Both. Oh, who am I kidding My drywall will understand this before you do.

Yes,

Thanks for the correction.

Our nation loses more than just credibility when we act like cowboys and raise our "...iron fist of U.S. militarism". Very foolish to do that, in this day and age. We'd better be more intelligent than ever, if we hope to have any future at all. Bullies always go down with a hard fall. Let us not fall out of our own stupidity and arrogance. There is nothing exceptional about that!