Home | About | Donate

Trump Rewards Qatar, "High Level" Funder of Terrorism, with $12 Billion in FAfter Trump Calls Gulf Nation "High Level" Funder of Terrorism, US Sells Qatar $12 Billion in Fighter Jetsighter Jets

After Trump Calls Gulf Nation "High Level" Funder of Terrorism, US Sells Qatar $12 Billion in Fighter Jets

Common Dreams staff

Just days after President Donald Trump publicly scolded Qatar for being a "high level" exporter of regional terrorism in the Middle East, its government announced Wednesday the signing of a deal to buy $12 billion worth of F-15 fighter jets from U.S. weapons makers.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Business is business?

Yep market values before humane values every time for these guys.

It's all about the money...nothing more, nothing less. Blinded by greed and devoid of compassion.

Playing Both Sides to Increase Profits!

I cannot believe that our People continue to allow this to happen within our geovernment. What is wrong with us as a nation that we allow our government to sell Death and Human Suffering for profit?

So are Trump's supporters stupid or warped and complicit ? These actions conform that there are are no other possibilities.

Kinda like obama supporters. Stop the two party charade.!

We're willing to sell weapons to anyone... It's the Amurrican way!

Trump is a POS hypocrite with a capital H. In addition, he's the biggest whore for the MIC. Let's remember that he just can't fathom why we don't use our nuclear weapons. That is how reckless and dangerous he is.
Our corrupt electoral/media system foisted this piece of shit on us and I can see no way that it will end well. As Chomsky recently said things are only going to get worse with Trump and his enablers in power. Imagine 23 million Americans without health insurance and this colossal asshole and his Rethugs just shrugging. Is this nightmare what we are willing to accept as "normal"as long as it isn't happening to us personally?

In this case I would say - the enemy of my enemy is my lucrative customer.

Qatar invoked the wrath of Wall Street because it instituted a yuan clearing bank. To threaten the hegemony of the petrodollar is a high crime. If you look at all the places that have been attacked in the last 20 some years the only common thread is that they were threatening the petrodollar. Iraq, Libya, Syria, Iran, Ukraine, Brazil, Venezuela and more are/were all exiting the dollar in one way or another. Not allowed. Qatar got the message and is sending roses and a box of chocolates to Wall Street.

"Imagine 23 million Americans without health insurance and this colossal asshole and his Rethugs just shrugging"
I totally agree with your sentiment but have to point out that 20 million Americans without health insurance is what our previous administration left on the table after their grand "bargain" and we were being told to accept that as "normal" and any improvement upon that as never attainable.
Medicare for all - everybody in, nobody out. Thats what we have to imagine.

Yes, there will be no values placed before market place values

The United States is the biggest seller of arms in the world. Nothing must interfere with that!

Yes Qatar we will have your neighbors cut off diplomatic relations and close your airspace, until you buy some military jets. Old fashioned shake down.