Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Corporate Cabinet

Trump’s Corporate Cabinet

Robert Weissman

We’re facing the prospect of a government literally of the Exxons, by the Goldman Sachses and for the Kochs.

President-Elect Donald Trump’s cabinet and top nominees draw more deeply from an extremist faction of the corporate class than any in memory, and likely in history. We are witnessing the wholesale corporate takeover of the American government.

Good article. If your definition of Fascism is the marriage of the military to the corportocracy, then to quote Harry Belafonte: "welcome to the Fourth Reich".

Yes, and what we actually seem to be witnessing is the Reagan Revolution finally being brought to fruition. The work of the years since Reagan centered on deeply splitting the "masses" apart, pitting us against each other by class and race to ensure that this time, there can be no united push-back against the corporate state.

Well, there was no united push back against Reagan. This time, that might actually happen.

"fascism: an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization"

The media have been the tool by which this was achieved, and the military is the tool for protecting that wealth and power.

Some people believe it or not actually liked the old fool( Reagan). ( not me). There was no united protest against him.

Like I said before the election, let's elect Trump and blow the country up. We are on the way.

It's over man. Wormer dropped the big one.

So we now have government of by and for too big to fail corporations in a wide variety of industries--so what else is new?

The fact that the Republican party holds Ronnie as their paragon of political virtue should tell us just how corrupt that party has become.

Ronnie most likely had alzeimers when he entered office.

Actually, I have some faith in the military, that if the Executive and Legislative branches of government get completely out of line, they will step in and remove the offenders.

Those of us out here in the real world are excited by these cabinet nominees. These folks know what it takes to foster business growth, and the job and wage growth that come with it. Unshackle the American economy by reducing job-killing regulations and cut taxes to a competitive level, and stand by for record economic growth. As soon as the job market is competitive again (by greatly increasing the workforce participation rate), wages and benefits will soar. Tax revenues, even at reduced rates, will set records. Kennedy proved it, Reagan proved it again, and now Trump stands ready to prove it once more!

Can you share what you're smoking?

Hoping this was sarcasm....

Whatever you're using to get that demented...I'm glad I'm not on it.

From personal conversations, I know that many people who voted for Trump, thinking that they got a Populist, are Blissfully Unaware of his Cabinet Choices and their significance.

I wonder what it will take, before they finally, if ever, wake up to the truth of the matter.,

I don't smoke, so I can't ask you to share. But I sure the hell would like to know on what grounds you base your "prediction"? Guantanamo? Abu Ghraib? Reikers? SEALS (exposé in Intercept)?

Good points.....but as re your last paragraph.....my take is that trump doesn't really WANT to do government. I think he wants Pence and the rest of the Cabal to do the work. For himself? Photo ops....

There is nothing existential about this threat. It is a clear and present danger.

Second, drumpf said that he was going to prevent buying the government. He is doing that by turning the government over to the very people who used to buy it and now they are running it without having to go to the trouble of suborning the politicians.

Third, Mussolini defined fascism as corporate ownership of the government. Those who argue that drumpf isn't a fascist have to come up with a different definition.