Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Dangerous, Dishonest Game on the U.S.-Mexico Border

Trump’s Dangerous, Dishonest Game on the U.S.-Mexico Border

Ruth Conniff

For Mexico, living with the United States in the Donald Trump era is like being in a relationship with an abusive spouse.

Trump is the mean drunk at the family dinner, throwing his weight around, hurling insults and threats, while everyone cringes and hopes that his rage will subside, knowing that nothing good will come from a confrontation.

1 Like

Conniff is way too kind or tactful or something about Dump. “By pointing his finger at immigrants, Trump gives anxious, displaced U.S. workers—the “forgotten men and women of this country,” as he has [called them]—a scapegoat for their problems.” Ummmm, doesn’t that remind you of a similar dictator who targeted the Jews and then others a few actually short years ago? And who whipped the populace into a spying on each other, turning each other in, paranoid, hateful, then murderous country???

2 Likes

Some observations----Trump inflamed the Russia story—Trump policies have increased tensions on the boarder(from what I understand Obama had a policy in place for woman and children to apply for asylum in their home countries—Trump ended this policy). Trump is a blackhole in need of attention. And the media keep dancing to all his BS.

1 Like

Hi ToniWintroub—LOL and that’s wonderful video-----We need Mexican workers, but there’s a few of those Scottish - German ones we could do without. Do not take offense Scottish-German peoples—as you know EXACTLY those few Scottish-Germans in that one family I am referring to, I am sure. : )

1 Like

There’s a whole movie; I posted just a trailer. With the limited access I have to things internet, I can’t get the entire movie. If you try, be aware that one video, over an hour long, is named A Day Without a Mexican, but it’s mislabeled. That’s NOT what that video is.

As for the Dumps and all their chain migration, chains are a good idea…

1 Like

Hi ToniWintroub-- the short one I saw was delicious satire anyway Thank you. : )

0 Likes

Wow! Some wildly different statistics between the author and the Federation for American Immigration Reform who say we collect $18B in taxes but spend $134B taking care of health care, schooling and law enforcement for border crossers. Reminds me of what Mark Twain said, “There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.” I don’t claim I know who is right or more right because anybody can throw out numbers and it takes more research time than I have to ferret out the truth, or something closer to it. I have however looked into some of the hatred coming out against this imperfect country created by imperfect flawed (mostly) men. Back in the late 60s when I started investigating who was killing so many political leaders like Kennedy and King, I ran smack into the oligarchy/deep state/shadow government/call-it-what-you-will that really runs this country. Organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations and The Trilateral Commission are actually on the outer layers of this beast but even in their writings they were saying countries needed to be abolished for – you guessed it – The New World Order! I have no objections to a one world order if it were based upon basic human rights but so far from what I see NWO is based upon ruthless, fascist greed and control. They have no problems with assassinations, endless wars and killing off entire populations. To them, we are just cattle to be herded. Anyway, that is why Johnny is taught in school to hate America and the corporate media promotes the same and wants to erase the borders, no borders=no country. This country is largely fascist at this point, not too much of a country left anyway. Both major political parties have been captured by the big money and now promote fascism and they can’t see it in themselves but accuse the “other” party of same. So, is there anything good left in America? Is it worth saving in any form? Why have borders anyway? Gopherit

0 Likes

Seriously? These the new directives? Trump tried to brand himself a traitor?

0 Likes

Perhaps what I’ve written above seems too unbelievable, too outlandish, the idea that a secret cabal runs this country, the media, the war machine. Here is a very excellent peek into a portion of that world. I hope you are open minded enough to read it and then consider the implications of it that rule us to this day. Gopherit

0 Likes

My only complaint about the whole “Illuminati” type conspiracy theories is that they assume the cabal that controls us is secret. No, they are perfectly well known. They are the likes of the CIA and the government in conjunction with corporations. It is frustrating that the enemy is identified yet we still do nothing, or perhaps we can no longer do anything.

0 Likes

Just a few things that come to mind----Trump fires Comey and then states in an interview that he fired him because of Russia. Trump brags to Russian diplomats about the firing of Comey. All of Trumps characterizations of the Russian probe----he could have easily supported the probe but denied doing anything illegal. Trump meets with Putin in Helsinski and totally comes across as a puppet of Putin. Hiring Flynn when the Obama people warned him that Flynn had major issues. Trying to lift sanctions on Russia right after the election.--------And now the report-----it “exonerates” Trump but no one can see the report except Trump people.

0 Likes