After 100 days in office, the Trump Administration continues to wear its abject disdain for human rights on its sleeve. It has threatened to leave the United Nations Human Rights Council and has signalled Trump’s enthusiasm for the most extreme forms of torture. A number of his executive orders have directly contravened the principles of human rights, including his racist attack on particular categories of immigrants and his restrictions on a woman’s right to choose.
Donald Trump will do whatever is necessary to protect large corporations and their business interests. People will march in the streets to no avail. It may feel good and as long as it is nonviolent and approved through the proper channels, Donald will allow it. However, any obstacle to maximizing profits for the ruling class will be dealt with the maximum force, domestically and internationally. Do not interfere with the machine. Remain on the sidelines or risk your life.
A minority of the people wanted a Mussolini Clone in charge. The Mussolini Clone has turned into a Hitler wannabe, with modern weapons, modern communications, a murderous Wehrmacht and a well equipped SA in blue rather than brown.
* We'd better figure out a way to stop this avalanche as it is likely to end up with a nuclear holocaust when someone, somewhere, pushes the button and all of the automatic responses kick in.
* Meanwhile, the billionaires and trillionaires are cackling with glee and counting their enormous short term profits.
* We the People of the World outnumber them by over six trillion to a few hundred. Surely we can stop this madness before it spills over.
* If we don't, we may well learn and understand what Thomas Hobbes meant when he wrote, "In such condition there is no place for industry, because the fruit thereof is uncertain, and consequently no culture of the earth, no navigation nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea, no commodious building, no instruments of moving and removing such things as require much force, no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time, no arts, no letters, no society, and, which is worst of all, continual fear and danger of violent death, and the life of man solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."
* I would like for We the People of the Earth to avoid this and build a sustainable world of peace and plenty for all. It is possible, but it will require that we all work together for the common good.