Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Military Drops a Bomb Every 12 Minutes, and No One Is Talking About It

Trump’s Military Drops a Bomb Every 12 Minutes, and No One Is Talking About It

Lee Camp
We live in a state of perpetual war, and we never feel it. While you get your gelato at the hip place where they put those cute little mint leaves on the side, someone is being bombed in your name. While you argue with the 17-year-old at the movie theater who gave you a small popcorn when you paid for a large, someone is being obliterated in your name. While we sleep and eat and make love and shield our eyes on a sunny day, someone’s home, family, life and body are being blown into a thousand pieces in our names.

Once every 12 minutes.

Too bad the headline does not reflect the central thesis of the piece – a standard technique in what we used to call “yellow journalism.” For those who did not read the entire article, here is its conclusion:

This is not about Trump, even though he’s a maniac. It’s not about Obama, even though he’s a war criminal. It’s not about Bush, even though he has the intelligence of boiled cabbage. (I haven’t told a Bush joke in about eight years. Felt kind of good. Maybe I’ll get back into that.)

This is about a runaway military-industrial complex that our ruling elite are more than happy to let loose. Almost no one in Congress or the presidency tries to restrain our 121 bombs a day. Almost no one in a mainstream outlet tries to get people to care about this.

The government and military you and I support by being a part of this society are murdering people every 12 minutes, and in response, there’s nothing but a ghostly silence.

Recently, the hashtag #21Trillion for the unaccounted Pentagon money has gained some traction. Let’s get another one started: #121BombsADay.

One every 12 minutes.

Do you know where they’re hitting? Who they’re murdering? Why? One hundred and twenty-one bombs a day rip apart the lives of families a world away—in your name and my name and the name of the kid doling out the wrong size popcorn at the movie theater.

We are a rogue nation with a rogue military and a completely unaccountable ruling elite. The government and military you and I support by being a part of this society are murdering people every 12 minutes, and in response, there’s nothing but a ghostly silence. It is beneath us as a people and a species to give this topic nothing but silence. It is a crime against humanity.

Thanks to Lee Camp for committing the crime of journalism.

“…and no one is talking about it” I live in deep-red Idaho, and I DO talk about it to anyone who will listen. Unfortunately, the response I get is shrugged shoulders.

As long as the MSM is complicit by failing to show images of the devastation we are causing around the world, the American sheeple will continue to shrug their shoulders.

USA is in fact a military dictatorship, the Pentagon runs our nation, it makes the decisions which matter. The pseudo-democratic stuff is just for show, to keep the rubes in line, maybe make them chase their own tails even.

This is not hyperbole, I am not being rhetorical, this is my understanding as a lifelong student of history & political science.

Thanks Lee Camp and glad to see you here on Common Dreams. Your u tubes are hilarious and spot on. Hilarious because of the stupidity of this nation and seemingly we the people cannot do anything about it as too many are asleep at the wheel.

Damn Trump to Hell.

Murder and Mayhem has transformed our Military into Minions.

Lee, I’m perplexed that you’re affiliated with RT America. Why is that?

It’s because RT America is one of the last places you’ll be able to find actual journalism any more. Don’t be fooled by the whole “Russiagate” red scare. Lee Camp is an American reporting on American news in America. That does NOT make him a “foreign agent”.

I’m so happy to see you here on CD, Lee! I’m a HUGE fan of your show.

I also have gotten the shrugged shoulders over the years, but it does seem that in the last few years, more people are willing to agree with me than they would have long ago
. It’s been awhile since I have gotten the comeback " If you don’t like it here, go live somewhere else".
It seems that people are more willing to open up about what they really feel if your talking in a quiet secluded area rather than in a place where others could be listening in on our conversation.
Agree with you completely about the MSM. I have some doubts about whether trump would be president today if he had not been used as an entertainment item that were good for ratings.

Always nice to see the progressive news sites I follow cross pollinate.

The author is stuck in a 19th century definition of war. We’re not at war with a country. We’re at war with an ideology. While we’re not at war with Islam per se, we are at war with a few perverse and radical versions of that religion that call for the death and persecution of anyone that doesn’t agree with their particular set of views. The number of Muslims killed by ISIS or Al Qaeda or the Taliban over the past decades is almost unbelievable. Simply because they don’t believe the right version of Islam. Leave aside they killed over 3000 Americans of all religious beliefs, they deserve to die for what they’ve done just to their Islamic brothers and sisters.

And people are talking about the number of weapons released. Many of us regretted the number of missions that were aborted or the number of aircraft that returned with all weapons aboard because they couldn’t get timely permission to take out dangerous members of the opposition from the White House. Now that permission comes from lower echelons and is much more timely and effective. Bad guys are taken off the battlefield by the dozens. They callously hide themselves amid women and children, so there is some collateral damage of their own making. But we’re making progress in taking out the leadership of the organizations that want to kill us.

It’s one of few places with a wide circulation where reporters do not have to be of one or another large faction to criticize American actions.

Criticizing Russian actions is more difficult. But perhaps that’s not Camp’s bread and butter.

How’s the weather at Langely today, bro?

Excellent.

When the best paying jobs in America, might be, state by state, from the military industrial complex. The effect of that is to lean towards more military money due to the actions of Congress.
Now that there is no draft----there’s no horror about family members having to go and never returning. . Now that we see that those who criticize, often lose jobs, and friends and sometimes lives---------people become more silent.
I always wondered why after the ww2 winning-------- just a few years later ------how that McCarthy guy even happened . Was that the beginning of the rich guys reason to have eternal war?
Making America great again…and what was the last time we did that? Wasn’t that the Marshall Plan and rebuilding nations and people? Or was that just a nation exhausted by war that wanted to feel like something good happened.Reading the real history takes a while—because often truths are buried or aren’t allowed to be seen or talked about.

So WW 2 had awful people called nazis. It also had awful people in America who hired these Nazi after WW 2 to work for America in science. Now Israel, who was once brutalized is now being the brutes, the 2nd coming of the Nazi and so is America. Both nations kill others so that someone who is way, way up in the food chain can own a lot of souls. It’s very hard to be positive, and so far, all I’ve been doing is reading Fahrenheit 451 over and over–thinking there must be a way through that to make something good happen here.

Yep , 21 trillion that is unaccounted for in Militray sending yet the Libertarians insist there no way the USA can affors Social Security and Medecare. There a disconnect.

This was welcome.

Trump’s militarism is not criticized widely because it is a quality that he shares more or less completely with non-libertarian Republicans and with the official Democratic Party.

This is why he can do so many lousy things, yet receive so little valid criticism out of so much that is produced.

I’m not sure. I live in Ohio.

LEE! Great to see you here!!!