Home | About | Donate

Trump’s Nominees Putting Us All at Risk by Ignoring Ethics Laws

Trump’s Nominees Putting Us All at Risk by Ignoring Ethics Laws

Elizabeth Warren

President-elect Donald Trump is selecting nominees to run his government. It’s no secret that I have deep reservations about the policy views of many of these nominees. I will vote against some of them.

But before we can debate and vote on whether these nominees’ policy positions make them suitable to run important parts of our government, it is critical that each nominee follows basic ethics rules to ensure that they will act for the benefit of all the American people and not simply to boost their bank accounts.

She doesn't get it.

I've been saying for years that Republicans hate America, hate the Constitution. Now they're showing just how much they hate it and people are surprised?

Warren thinks she's still living in the USA as she's known it, where a stern op-ed might actually have some effect.. She's wrong.

We're living through an existential change in the USA. The rule of law isn't a law of nature. The Constitution is only a piece of paper--it has no power if people don't give it power, and this administration and the Republicans in Congress are not interested in sharing power with a piece of paper.

These are authoritarian times. Stop acting like it's yesterday. You can't see what's coming if your head is in the sand.

Trump is a despicable man but I believe it is unprecedented that CNN is doing this kind of speculation two days before the inauguration. Watch it until the end. It appears the deep state is getting it's ideas from some TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dduqy0

Peace
Po

I was just thinking the same thing.

Who does get it ?

I think the 2% who voted green (Jill Stein).

The rest - business as usual.

But before we can debate and vote on whether these nominees’ policy positions make them suitable to run important parts of our government, it is critical that each nominee follows basic ethics rules to ensure that they will act for the benefit of all the American people and not simply to boost their bank accounts.

Gee whiz that's a show stopper. Next thing you know, some " public servant" will leave their government position and make an average of $29,000 per day for two years from corporate clients, giving presentations. Kind of like TED talks for future government access. Wink, wink, I'm running for President soon.

Senator Warren, I think a great place to start is with the current Corporate Servicing Power Center of the Democratic Party that has been in place since Al From's DNC spawned Bill Clinton.

Maybe you can grab Schumer by the ear and start with him. There are many more that need your guidance, so get to work!

Well said.

I think the point is that it is no longer business as usual. Which not the same as a defense of business as usual. It was no great moment in courage when Bill Clinton tossed aside Lani Guinier after a nasty "quota queen" column by Thomas Friedman. That was just the start of Bill Clinton's business as usual.

Interesting article on The Ruling Class Observer

Devos She makes money in the education industry. She has no intention of separating herself from making money in the education process. She will degrade our schools, add significant costs, and ruin education. She has done significant damage to the Michigan school system. How can anyone support her!!

"Warren thinks she's still living in the USA as she's known it, where a stern op-ed might actually have some effect.. "
this is Warren's job - to sound off, talk oppositional and issue statements. This will serve to distract many people into thinking she and the Dem party actually care about doing the right thing.
When it comes to doing though, where is/was she? This whole nightmare could have been avoided with her shaking Bernie's hand in the Primary.

Buyers stench of buyers remorse is palatable

Edit DNC....meant to say DLC

I have to disagree on the business as usual parts.

It is a question of definition I think.

Trump is novel in his approach, true, but he is just - "all about money" - which I define as "business as usual."

Clinton's (both) - same.

Obama - same - Bush(s) - same.

The western world - same.

If we ever leave 'business as usual, it will be because we finally come to agree with our artists and scientists - that we are part of nature - not its master.

This article's title has "Ethics Laws" in it.

How narrow minded we are to think that ethics is confined to the legal system and the political realm.

Here is a magnificent interview by Mongabay of Edward O. Wilson, arguably our greatest living biologist - arguably our best ever.

I urge all to read it in full - it is extensive - and decide for yourself if ethics is not innate in the human being ?

Perhaps the political or legal human being is not whole - perhaps we should first seek to become whole ?

Senator Warren likes to speak of "our democracy", but the fact is this nation has been a Republic that wants to build an empire from day one. The liberal/compassionate experiment is over, destroyed by the conservative/dispassionate Republicans. As a Senator, Warren should start thinking and talking about what kind of Republic the US will be, rather than wasting time and energy trying to save the failed experiment. If we want to be real, everyone should abandon the Democrat Party and become Republicans, go back to the original Constitution which says that only landowners can vote, (which would save tremendous amounts of energy), and leave it up to the rich people to decide what is best for the masses, and themselves. That's the way it always has been, and that's the basis of conservative ideology.

Or vice-versa

Devos part of that great AMWAY scheme the legalized pirimetd

Correction Devos part of that great pyramid scheme AMWAY. Excellent choice to privatize education that great bastion of Democracy where a billionaires son could meet a plumbers daughter fall in love and marry. Elitism failed in Rome and Germany, time for it to retried.